Home Grown missle ( non explosive, of course)

Potatoes last one shot, so build reusable! Discuss ammo designs and ideas. Tough to find cannon part or questions? Ask here!
longshot1068
Private 4
Private 4

Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:22 pm

I got bored so I went into the cellar to make a missle to lob down range. I used an 8" section of 3/4" pvc conduit, a 4" section of broom handle some POS plastic doohickey for a nose cone and I made a set of aluminum fins to stick on the rear. I used a bunch of duct tape to bring the nose end up to 1.5" diameter. I didnt invest alot of time in it, because when I launch it tommorrow I dont think I'll see it again. Just want to see how far I can lob a heavy projectile ( appx 1 lb.). The blue piece is the broom handle, dark grey- duct tape, white- aluminum fins, light grey-conduit. the plastic nose cone is held on with duct tape. totally ghetto, but its a one shot deal anyways, its goin' across the river behind my house.
Attachments
spud gun missile.JPG
spud gun missile.JPG (6.51 KiB) Viewed 2352 times
guitarfreak
Private 4
Private 4

Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:50 am

looks good,dont get thrown backwards with the recoil,though!
longshot1068
Private 4
Private 4

Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:03 am

I got the thing across the river well enough but it flew like it had epilepsy. The fins werent big enough. It didnt kick real bad either. wasnt really worth the energy but was fun all the same, curiosity killed the cat but satisfaction brought him back.