Airchamber material

Potatoes last one shot, so build reusable! Discuss ammo designs and ideas. Tough to find cannon part or questions? Ask here!
sniperrifle
Recruit
Recruit

Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:55 pm

Hello guys,
i'm new to the forum, so hello everbody! I'm currently building my own airgun. Therefore i'm using a ballvalve,a copper barrel. At first i wanted to use a normal waterbottle, but since it does not fit well into the valve and tape doesn't help either, i decided to buy a copper steal barrel with covers on each side, and a schrader-valve pushed into one side
Do you you guys think this might work?
And sorry for my englisch, it is a foreign language for me.
Thanks for help,
Peter
jsefcik
Sergeant 2
Sergeant 2

Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:02 pm

Water bottles will explode, yes people use em but only for low pressures, the barrel you have choosen (copper or steel) will work fine depending on what your ammo is obviously,,

To make a good air chamer safely you can use pvc which is cheaper , have everything pressure rated,,

Steel works great very heavy nd copper adds up it isnt cheap hope this helps :)
sniperrifle
Recruit
Recruit

Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:10 pm

Thanks, this helped me. I'm just wondering about how i could cover the "Air chamber-pipe". I mean one side will be connected to the ballvalve but the other side has to be covered. can i use just the cover made aot of plastic and drill a wohle in it for the Schrader-valve or will the air flow out then?
wyz2285
First Sergeant 2
First Sergeant 2
Austria

Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:33 pm

There is a tutorial of what you're attempting to make, just search "how to make a cheap airgun" on YouTube
CpTn_lAw wrote: :D "yay, me wanna make big multishot pnoob with 1000 psi foot pump compressor using diamond as main material. Do you think wet bread make good sealant? " :D