Piston Valve Seat

Potatoes last one shot, so build reusable! Discuss ammo designs and ideas. Tough to find cannon part or questions? Ask here!
Trauts
Private 2
Private 2

Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:29 pm

New to spudfiles and working on a golf ball cannon. In the process and I now understand just how annoying it can be to find the right parts because most of the time they are highly uncommon. So I figured I'd post this part because any other metal piston valve seat I've seen has been either a hose fitting ~3/4", or soldered, welded or uses some kind of methods most people done have access to.

After visiting several industrial suppliers I was directed to a place that sells oil tanks, parts and accessories. They told me it was called a "double tapped bushing", and not having the correct size (2" x 1 1/2" x 1 1/2") had to order one in. It cost me only 15 bucks and is absolutely perfect for a 2" piston valve cannon.

I only have one pic of it because my picture files are too large for some reason (couldn't find a fix for this on the site) so if anyone could let me know about that it would be great. Will post much more progress stuff if I can solve that.
20131118_182037-1.jpg
As you can see I already threaded in the seat (1 1/2" nipple)
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:47 am

Nice find! Care to name the supplier, lots of Canadians on the forum ;)
I only have one pic of it because my picture files are too large for some reason (couldn't find a fix for this on the site) so if anyone could let me know about that it would be great. Will post much more progress stuff if I can solve that.
You can open the pictures with Microsoft Paint and resize them.
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
Trauts
Private 2
Private 2

Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:20 pm

I've just been using my phone and cropping them to size forgot to mention. I figured that would be the case though, thanks!

The place was called Value Sales ltd. but it was really really small and has no website unfortunately. I did find the part on other websites but with shipping it would have been like 40+ bucks :(