Off Topic - is it illegal to draw a silencer in California?

Potatoes last one shot, so build reusable! Discuss ammo designs and ideas. Tough to find cannon part or questions? Ask here!
Moonbogg
Staff Sergeant 3
Staff Sergeant 3
United States of America

Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:42 pm

A customer of mine asked me to design them a silencer for a 9mm handgun. We live in California, and possession of silencers is illegal in California unless you have the proper paperwork or authorization. I didn't ask or pry about their legality status as it's none of my business. I wouldn't think DRAWING a silencer would be illegal, but a judge might consider it participation in the manufacture of a silencer. I know we aren't lawyers here, but figured I'd throw this one out there anyway. I have concerns about taking the job because I don't know the law regarding DRAWINGS of illegal items. This is California after all, so I wouldn't be surprised if they locked me up for life for making a drawing of an illegal gun component.
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:51 pm

Can you legally purchase this book in California? Or this one, or this?

If so, I doubt you could be prosecuted for simply drawing something. I mean you could also design a full auto assault rifle, but you wouldn't worry about being prosecuted for that.
For reference and historical purposes only.
Voila! :D
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life