Look what I found!

Potatoes last one shot, so build reusable! Discuss ammo designs and ideas. Tough to find cannon part or questions? Ask here!
PracticallySane
Private 3
Private 3
United States of America

Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:33 am

Hey guys just came across an interesting product while looking for spark plugs for a hybrid.

These come with a standard pipe thread with multiple options for length. Check it out.

http://bgservice.com/auburn-igniters.html
Attachments
41VZvd-e-IL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
41VZvd-e-IL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (13.84 KiB) Viewed 5911 times
I’m a scientist; because I invent, transform, create, and destroy for a living, and when I don’t like something about the world, I change it. ~Rick Sanchez.
mobile chernobyl
Corporal 3
Corporal 3
United States of America

Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:01 pm

I'd be interested to know what their design operating pressure is. I don't see mentions on their site or their literature except for the spark plug and electrical feed through - which say 500 psig.

Not saying they wouldn't work as often there is a safety factor in play but it might be worth asking them via a phone call!

They have a great assortment for sure and using their feed throughs would allow for custom spark gap / multi-point ignition stalk designs.
PracticallySane
Private 3
Private 3
United States of America

Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:26 pm

I would assume they are manufactured to the same standard as automotive spark plugs. Could always rig something up and do a hydrostatic test. But these are kinda pricy for a destructive test. I did find some alternate brands that are a little cheaper.
I’m a scientist; because I invent, transform, create, and destroy for a living, and when I don’t like something about the world, I change it. ~Rick Sanchez.