Launcher Failure Analysis Log

Potatoes last one shot, so build reusable! Discuss ammo designs and ideas. Tough to find cannon part or questions? Ask here!
bigbob12345
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:52 am

Jared Haehnel wrote: If only we could use the fumes from the primer and glue....I wonder how good of a fuel it would make?
Ive tryed that just wipe some glue in the chamber wait for it to vaporize and click the ignitor and you will get the fastest and loudest shot your spray and pray will ever produce.
I wouldnt recommend it with non pressure rated launchers because it is more powerful which means it creates more pressure.(I actually wouldnt recommend it with any launcher)
jonnyboy
Corporal
Corporal

Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:14 pm

iknowmy3tables wrote:I never made my inside out sleeve valve because I didn't know how to use o-ring, most important of all don't try gluing them in place, second if its your first time buying pvc cement don't ask the store asistants, thats how I put teflon paste on all my fittings for a failed gun, I reuse a lot of it and I forget that one of the fitting was not actully cemented so it blew off in my face
Wait the assistant told you to teflon tape pvc parts?
SEAKING9006
Corporal 3
Corporal 3

Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:11 pm

jonnyboy wrote:
iknowmy3tables wrote:I never made my inside out sleeve valve because I didn't know how to use o-ring, most important of all don't try gluing them in place, second if its your first time buying pvc cement don't ask the store asistants, thats how I put teflon paste on all my fittings for a failed gun, I reuse a lot of it and I forget that one of the fitting was not actully cemented so it blew off in my face
Wait the assistant told you to teflon tape pvc parts?
This only further proves what I've been saying for about a year. Don't listen to the plumbing guys, they usually know absolutely nothing about spudguns of ANY kind. A year ago, when I was going to build a combustion, the plumbing guy tried to sell me a freaking pressure relief safety valve for water heaters and a dwv reducing tee to put it in! I never did build it, due to a combination of Texas legislature and not buying an igniter.
Completed projects:
CA1 SMSS Basic Inline
CA3 PDAB Airburst Cannon

Current Project: Bolt action rifle (25x140mm + 1in shot)