"Offtopic-posts-topic" NSFW

Meaningful discussion outside of the potato gun realm. Projects, theories, current events. Non-productive discussion will be locked.
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:50 am

anarchy08 wrote:i thought youd be on this one like a gunshot,
i was honstly pretty disappointed by the results the gun is a master piece engineering wise and looks, just didnt seem to perform.
If they were flying straight, they would perform much better.

Still it's a problem with electric guns, the amount of power they need even for basic performance is tremendous because they have such poor efficiency.
space guns wrote: Although both coilguns and railguns sound exotic, they are not new ideas. Speculations about coilguns for use as military artillery predate the First World War, and in 1917 a Frenchman named Fauchon-Villeplee actually built a working model of a railgun, with the shells fitted with "wings" that served as an armature. In 1937, an employee of the German Siemens company named Otto Muck started looking at railguns again, and in 1943 proposed the construction of a long-range railgun that could fire twelve 200 kilogram shells every minute, driven by a 100 megawatt power station. The German military was already committed to the development of long-range missiles and other V-weapons, and the project was not funded.

In 1944, another German engineer named Hansler proposed the development of a 40 millimeter antiaircraft railgun, and the Luftwaffe awarded him a development contract. However, with Germany collapsing under the weight of Allied armies, nothing came of Hansler's weapon. The Allies investigated the railgun concept after the war, but quickly discovered the limitations of the technology and gave up on it for a few decades.

The major problems with both railguns and coilguns are that they require very large power supplies, possibly unrealistically large for a space launch application, and also have to switch very large amounts of power in very short times. In addition, railguns are inclined to erosion of the rails after a few launches, and the designs based on plasma arcs have difficulties with uncontrolled arcing around the projectile or to the muzzle. The simple violence of firing a railgun also tends to impose destructive stresses on it.
Of course if you're the government...

[youtube][/youtube]
yes thats what i was thinking, iv got the same issue shooting empty soda bulbs. was thinking that i could drill them out and cast lead into the heads to hold them true in the air.
It works :)
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
anarchy08
Private 3
Private 3

Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:26 am

:roll:

and i thought iv been around awhile, missed that one
cheers JSR
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:22 am

For some reason I'm getting "suggested video" views on my youtube channel linked from this:

[youtube][/youtube]

I've watched it intently for 2,736 times but I still can't see the link to airsoft pen guns :roll:
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
anarchy08
Private 3
Private 3

Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:25 am

clearly youtube has become 'self aware' and using most popular search tactics it has given you smut.

raise the total searches for airguns, and we should see 'suggested video' with both smut and airguns, only logical...
POLAND_SPUD
Captain
Captain

Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:33 am

For some reason I'm getting "suggested video" views on my youtube channel linked from this:
suggested videos might be based on your search history... ads are even worse than that - google something and you can be sure to see ads related to that

These days I see mostly ads from hobbyking a few months ago all I got was industial valves and microcontrollers
Children are the future

unless we stop them now
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:24 am

POLAND_SPUD wrote:suggested videos might be based on your search history... ads are even worse than that - google something and you can be sure to see ads related to that
This is views from other people though, where they were watching the music video and youtube suggested the pen gun as a related video. Does this indicate a corelation between a love for concealed weapons and Eastern European beauties :D
Gun Freak
Lieutenant 5
Lieutenant 5

Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:30 am

I've watched it intently for 2,736 times but I still can't see the link to airsoft pen guns
Only word I got out of it was "DANCE" but I don't think I'd have enjoyed it any more even if I understood every word :D
OG Anti-Hybrid
One man's trash is a true Spudder's treasure!
Golf Ball Cannon "Superna"M16 BBMGPengunHammer Valve Airsoft SniperHigh Pressure .22 Coax
Holy Shat!
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:33 am

Gun Freak wrote:I don't think I'd have enjoyed it any more even if I understood every word :D
Oh we're all heterosexual now are we :D

Could have done without the guy flogging his dolphin in some scenes though, at times I thought it was my reflection in the screen :shock:
POLAND_SPUD
Captain
Captain

Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:56 am

corelation between a love for concealed weapons and Eastern European beauties
Sounds like a good topic for a doctoral thesis
Children are the future

unless we stop them now
mark.f
Sergeant Major 4
Sergeant Major 4
Eritrea

Donating Members

Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:41 am

Smut? Amazingly disappointing smut. :roll:
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:45 am

POLAND_SPUD wrote:
corelation between a love for concealed weapons and Eastern European beauties
Sounds like a good topic for a doctoral thesis
That's the only way I'd get a doctorate :D
Smut? Amazingly disappointing smut.
Russian accents don't affect everyone in the same way I guess ;P Maybe you're more of a Nikita person?

In other news, damn precision guided munitions:

[youtube][/youtube]

I like their target rig, presumably they were attempting to show not only how confident they were in the targeting but also how limited collateral damage was since the truck was seemingly unaffected by the explosion. Definitely saw some fragments hitting the tailgate in that last shot though...
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:53 pm

Last edited by jackssmirkingrevenge on Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blitz
Corporal 2
Corporal 2
United States of America

Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:57 pm

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote: In other news, damn precision guided munitions:

I like their target rig, presumably they were attempting to show not only how confident they were in the targeting but also how limited collateral damage was since the truck was seemingly unaffected by the explosion. Definitely saw some fragments hitting the tailgate in that last shot though...
It's a cross between an X-Wing fighter and a tampon.
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:41 pm

Blitz wrote:It's a cross between an X-Wing fighter and a tampon.
You wouldn't want to be the pussy it slams into :-/

Found something nice: http://www.djbible.classicalgasemission ... f_pook.pdf

I wish someone had given me this when I was 13.
MrCrowley

Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:53 pm

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:Food for thought:

Don't marry any woman older than 25
Haha really? I think that's one of the more ridiculous things I've read on WordPress, right up there with some RadFem blogs.

You could probably turn it on it's head as well and speculate as to what women might put for marrying a man over 25 (or perhaps an equivalent arbitrary value of a different age).

It sort of reminds me of what teenagers go through when they first become attached to a girl except this is creeping over in to adult life. They are incredibly jealous, want her for themselves, and would rather another man never laid his hands on her ever again. And if, when you become enamoured with this girl in your teens, she already has a "history" with other guys you starting thinking things like "You are eating someone else’s cold leftovers".