Trebuchet

Meaningful discussion outside of the potato gun realm. Projects, theories, current events. Non-productive discussion will be locked.
RandomSkater
Private
Private

Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:59 pm

I'm planning on building a trebuchet this summer and I was just curious if anyone here has ever made one.

It probably won't be all that big, maybe 3' to 4' high and about the same for the base. I'm also going to use bolts on the main parts so I can disassemble it and put it into the trunk of my car.

They seem fairly simple to build, but I have the feeling I may have a problem figuring out what angle to put the realise pin thing at on the end of the arm.
joe912
Private
Private

Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:07 am

i have made one and its about 3 ft tall with about a 4ft arm
to adjust the pin just take an straight screw (skinny is easier) screw it into the end of the arm and then cut off the nub end? then take a pliers and just bend it up and test
boilingleadbath
Staff Sergeant 2
Staff Sergeant 2

Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:38 pm

<a href="http://www.rlt.com/trebuchet/sim/">These</a> people have a demo of their program, ATreb, that works pretty well. You'll have to adjust all your other masses to account for the counterweight mass being stuck at 20 kg, though. (that's one of the limits built into the demo)