Wish me luck guys

Meaningful discussion outside of the potato gun realm. Projects, theories, current events. Non-productive discussion will be locked.
mark.f
Sergeant Major 4
Sergeant Major 4
Eritrea

Donating Members

Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:10 pm

Good luck. Learn to like motion. Also, I hope you're not claustrophobic.
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:31 am

frankrede wrote:Jack would it be odd to say that I had a dream that I ran into you in public?
Yes, in one of my dreams I was at a restaurant and you were at the table behind me and I overheard your conversation and after hearing it I realized it was you....hmm odd.
One of us is spending w-a-a-a-a-a-y too much time on this forum hehe

Congratulations and good luck!
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
goathunter
Corporal 2
Corporal 2

Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:20 pm

Alright Frankrede join the group bro. Good to have ya aboard.
Just to give ya some insight. I just started my second tri here at the Merchant Marine Academy, so yeah I'm already sworn in navy. I just went the midship route. A little different but I can help ya out with anything ya need to know.
I scored an 86 on my asvab, why the fork was he pushing me to be a secretary or a storekeeper.
Quite frankly you were on the line. Score a 90 or above and the whole darn list is open too ya. Since you already chose your job my advice is moot. Retake the ASVAB and get a 90. Don't get me wrong you still have plenty of option for advancement. Corpsmen are always in demand. Especially with the marines. So get ready to see some action. If you don't like it do your best to test out into a new job. I assume if ya got an 86 you've got a decent head on your shoulders, use it. The dumb guys always get stuck in the crap jobs. Don't be one, keep your nose clean and do your best to learn whatever you can whenever you can.

And heck if you get a chance for GMATS down at Kings Point (gotta be a PO3rd class) drop by and take the program.

And finally get ready for a whole different life style. No I'm talking about Jack's idea of Navy life. I'm talking about how your whole view on life is gonna change. I just started the EMT program here and I've seen my fair share of death before the program. But things like going out for ice cream after you lose a patient are morbidly common things. My head instructor used to keep an oxy bottle cap for every person he had go on him. He figured he had better toss 'em when he reached 25 caps on his stethoscope. Not scaring ya bro but get ready for some weird stuff. I deal with new york craziness, you are gonna see some crazy stuff as well.

Bright side though, Sea stories are always fun. And don't worry about Basic. Here is some good advice. Shut up and be pliable, have ablanket stare in your eyes, like there is nothing going on. DI's want to find the guy who is thinking. Be smart but put on the show. Trust me the last thing you want is too attract DI attention. That is unless of course you enjoy massive amounts of push ups and rather demeaning rhetoric :wink: Just abide by this "do what is required of you today, tomorrow and all it's troubles will take care of themselves." Know it and believe it. Stress is your worst enemy. You've got to control that if you are going to make through basic.

Well sorry to keep ya reading for a rather lengthy time on an older post but hey PM if ya need anything.
"Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem"-Ronald Reagan

"KA BLAAM! Elimination! Lack of education."-Big Mama, Fox and the Hound, Disney
frankrede
Sergeant Major 2
Sergeant Major 2

Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:27 pm

goathunter wrote:Alright Frankrede join the group bro. Good to have ya aboard.
Just to give ya some insight. I just started my second tri here at the Merchant Marine Academy, so yeah I'm already sworn in navy. I just went the midship route. A little different but I can help ya out with anything ya need to know.
I scored an 86 on my asvab, why the fork was he pushing me to be a secretary or a storekeeper.
Quite frankly you were on the line. Score a 90 or above and the whole darn list is open too ya. Since you already chose your job my advice is moot. Retake the ASVAB and get a 90. Don't get me wrong you still have plenty of option for advancement. Corpsmen are always in demand. Especially with the marines. So get ready to see some action. If you don't like it do your best to test out into a new job. I assume if ya got an 86 you've got a decent head on your shoulders, use it. The dumb guys always get stuck in the crap jobs. Don't be one, keep your nose clean and do your best to learn whatever you can whenever you can.

And heck if you get a chance for GMATS down at Kings Point (gotta be a PO3rd class) drop by and take the program.

And finally get ready for a whole different life style. No I'm talking about Jack's idea of Navy life. I'm talking about how your whole view on life is gonna change. I just started the EMT program here and I've seen my fair share of death before the program. But things like going out for ice cream after you lose a patient are morbidly common things. My head instructor used to keep an oxy bottle cap for every person he had go on him. He figured he had better toss 'em when he reached 25 caps on his stethoscope. Not scaring ya bro but get ready for some weird stuff. I deal with new york craziness, you are gonna see some crazy stuff as well.

Bright side though, Sea stories are always fun. And don't worry about Basic. Here is some good advice. Shut up and be pliable, have ablanket stare in your eyes, like there is nothing going on. DI's want to find the guy who is thinking. Be smart but put on the show. Trust me the last thing you want is too attract DI attention. That is unless of course you enjoy massive amounts of push ups and rather demeaning rhetoric :wink: Just abide by this "do what is required of you today, tomorrow and all it's troubles will take care of themselves." Know it and believe it. Stress is your worst enemy. You've got to control that if you are going to make through basic.

Well sorry to keep ya reading for a rather lengthy time on an older post but hey PM if ya need anything.
Thanks Goathunter! I wish I had spoke to you beforehand, but all is well and everyday I am getting more and more excited!
Thanks for all your advice!
Current project: Afghanistan deployment
Davidvaini
Sergeant 4
Sergeant 4

Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:18 am

though I do not advocate the War, I support the troops. I'm happy to that you are excited to go. My friend is stationed in Korea right now and he loves it. He actually has been dating a Korean girl over there for quite some time now. So whereever you may be, you have my support.

I'd also like to thank you for all your contributions to spudding. I can't wait to see you back on spudfiles.

Good Luck!
frankrede
Sergeant Major 2
Sergeant Major 2

Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:47 am

Davidvaini wrote:though I do not advocate the War, I support the troops. I'm happy to that you are excited to go. My friend is stationed in Korea right now and he loves it. He actually has been dating a Korean girl over there for quite some time now. So whereever you may be, you have my support.

I'd also like to thank you for all your contributions to spudding. I can't wait to see you back on spudfiles.

Good Luck!
Thanks, I should be more active though in this forum seeing as I have 3 cannons that have been finished and need posting;)
You will all see some new stuff soon
Current project: Afghanistan deployment
goathunter
Corporal 2
Corporal 2

Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:08 am

all is well and everyday I am getting more and more excited!
Good to hear it bro. You won't regret it. And Paramedic skills are a lifelong skill. You can use those wherever you go. Happy for ya
"Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem"-Ronald Reagan

"KA BLAAM! Elimination! Lack of education."-Big Mama, Fox and the Hound, Disney