"Offtopic-posts-topic" NSFW

Meaningful discussion outside of the potato gun realm. Projects, theories, current events. Non-productive discussion will be locked.
User avatar
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General
Posts: 25792
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:28 pm
Has thanked: 109 times
Been thanked: 64 times

Donating Members

Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:40 am

fractal wrote:A significant part of outlaws use improvised guns in Brazil
Need to keep the World Cup Safe :)
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
fractal
Private
Private
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:14 am

Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:44 pm

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:
fractal wrote:A significant part of outlaws use improvised guns in Brazil
Need to keep the World Cup Safe :)
Brazil isn't dangerous as tehy sat out there, you just need to be careful about dangerous parts of the city and be alert about strange people and scammers (they love ripping off tourists, even the brazilian ones)
User avatar
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General
Posts: 25792
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:28 pm
Has thanked: 109 times
Been thanked: 64 times

Donating Members

Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:09 am

fractal wrote:Brazil isn't dangerous as tehy sat out there, you just need to be careful about dangerous parts of the city and be alert about strange people and scammers (they love ripping off tourists, even the brazilian ones)
I'm pretty sure the truth is somewhere in between the extremes which the media portrays.

I liked this less sanitized parody of the google doodles:

Image
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
fractal
Private
Private
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:14 am

Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:22 am

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:
fractal wrote:Brazil isn't dangerous as tehy sat out there, you just need to be careful about dangerous parts of the city and be alert about strange people and scammers (they love ripping off tourists, even the brazilian ones)
I'm pretty sure the truth is somewhere in between the extremes which the media portrays.

I liked this less sanitized parody of the google doodles:

Image
Image
HUEHUEHUEHUEHUE AQUI É BRASIL VAGABUNDO HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE
AEHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
The people who participated on the 2013 riots didn't had a concrete objective, everyone was asking for something diferent (but somewhat similar). The much smaller protest that are happening now are composed of feminazis, leftists and pawns, and are rapidly contained by the police
User avatar
bravootome
Specialist 3
Specialist 3
Romania
Posts: 302
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:11 am

Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:51 pm

I usually "use" 60 - 55 cm length for my barrels, now i brought a steel pipe and after cutting a new barrel i got left with 40 cm of pipe.... Is i good for a riffle or ...maybe a pistol ....?
come undone
fractal
Private
Private
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:14 am

Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:19 pm

bravootome wrote:I usually "use" 60 - 55 cm length for my barrels, now i brought a steel pipe and after cutting a new barrel i got left with 40 cm of pipe.... Is i good for a riffle or ...maybe a pistol ....?
You could make a carbine
User avatar
bravootome
Specialist 3
Specialist 3
Romania
Posts: 302
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:11 am

Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:35 pm

fractal wrote:
bravootome wrote:I usually "use" 60 - 55 cm length for my barrels, now i brought a steel pipe and after cutting a new barrel i got left with 40 cm of pipe.... Is i good for a riffle or ...maybe a pistol ....?
You could make a carbine
i think 40 cm is to short for a rifle....
come undone
fractal
Private
Private
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:14 am

Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:04 pm

bravootome wrote:
fractal wrote:
bravootome wrote:I usually "use" 60 - 55 cm length for my barrels, now i brought a steel pipe and after cutting a new barrel i got left with 40 cm of pipe.... Is i good for a riffle or ...maybe a pistol ....?
You could make a carbine
i think 40 cm is to short for a rifle....
Image
User avatar
mobile chernobyl
Corporal 3
Corporal 3
Posts: 746
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:53 am
Been thanked: 4 times

Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:18 am

fractal wrote: Image
I inherited that exact airgun (or possible a model 20-30 years older haha). Thing has been a source of fun my whole life! Just rebuilt the pumping seals the other day and cleaned the whole gun.
User avatar
velocity3x
Corporal 4
Corporal 4
Posts: 828
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:09 pm
Location: Yuma, Arizona
Contact:

Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:42 pm

‘The Gunfighter’ shows the dangers of a Wild West without secrets (VIDEO) :lol: :lol: :lol:
http://www.guns.com/2014/06/25/the-gunf ... ets-video/
fractal
Private
Private
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:14 am

Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:45 pm

mobile chernobyl wrote:
fractal wrote: Image
I inherited that exact airgun (or possible a model 20-30 years older haha). Thing has been a source of fun my whole life! Just rebuilt the pumping seals the other day and cleaned the whole gun.
This gun has a lot of possibilities of modding
User avatar
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General
Posts: 25792
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:28 pm
Has thanked: 109 times
Been thanked: 64 times

Donating Members

Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:53 am

hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
fractal
Private
Private
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:14 am

Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:18 pm

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:Hey MrC, make sure you have those consent forms ready beforehand ;)
Image
User avatar
POLAND_SPUD
Captain
Captain
Posts: 5402
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:43 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:34 pm

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:Hey MrC, make sure you have those consent forms ready beforehand ;)
Lol I've read about it.

Not sure if dumb, trolling or just feminism.
Children are the future

unless we stop them now
User avatar
MrCrowley
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10078
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:42 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:56 pm

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:Hey MrC, make sure you have those consent forms ready beforehand ;)
Yeah that is pretty bad. I think that idea came out after a recent government report or something and Labour seem to be jumping on it as they're way way down in the polls. They haven't committed to it either which leads me to believe it's a political move, they were skirting around whether the would enforce it. I suspect it would lose them as many voters as it would gain, though. Their party leader has already come out and apologised for 'being a man' at a domestic violence victims meeting thingy, which wasn't taken very seriously by the wider public (rightly so).

I just don't see how the legal experts would think it's practical. Sure, it works when the person in court is actually a rapist but how is anyone else supposed to prove consent? It's he-said she-said except this time prison is the default outcome.

edit: It's worth pointing out that France already does this. They use the inquisitorial system to investigate serious crimes I believe. I don't think the inquisitorial system, by definition, implies the defendant is guilty. So I don't know where that part has come from in the article above. The inquisitorial system would seem to treat both rape and consent unproven at the start and then look for evidence that suggests one over the other.

In spud-related news:
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/artic ... d=11290773
Mashed spuds were the order of the day in Dunedin last night as stunt scientist Tom Pringle, aka Dr Bunhead, claimed a Guinness World Record, by using a potato bazooka to fire nine potatoes through a tennis racket in three minutes.

"It's the most amazing feeling. But, it was also incredibly nerve-racking," he said after breaking the record with a second to spare.

The experiment at Mitre 10 Mega was part of the 2014 New Zealand International Science Festival.

Spectators were pre-warned to bring "ear-defenders, safety goggles and extra-strong underpants" to the demonstration.

"They're exciting experiments and big, dangerous experiments. They're the sorts of experiments you don't get to do at home," Dr Pringle said.

The attempt was one potato better than his 2004 world record of shooting eight spuds in three minutes.

"Part of the test is firing the potatoes through a tennis racket, to quantify the velocity," he said.

"A good musketeer could fire three shots a minute, which included loading, firing and cleaning the gun."

The potatoes reached speeds of up to 320km/h in the demonstration, which has still to be ratified by Guinness World Records.

Two justices of the peace, two timers and two video cameras were required to verify the feat.

The Plymouth-born educator has an international reputation for his dramatic science shows and tours the world startling and fascinating children and adults.

"Science can be dull, or it can be fascinating. It's about the delivery and talking about stuff people are interested in," he said.

"It's all about getting the 'wow' moment. Because when you get the 'wow' you get the 'why?"'
Post Reply