circuit help

Meaningful discussion outside of the potato gun realm. Projects, theories, current events. Non-productive discussion will be locked.
Forgotten
Private
Private

Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:41 am

Hi i am currently working on a new project but i have run into a dead end having no knowledge of circuitry or anythings technical like that is a big issue
as that is what has stopped me i need to work out a design where a circuit board sends stereo Bluetooth to two circuit boards hopefully i have explained it so people can get what i am asking help with
Technician1002
Captain
Captain

Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:17 am

Due to the nature of Bluetooth connections and encrypted handshake, I don't think you can do this without 2 full separate bluetooth streams, one for each device. Bluetooth is all digital in the transmitted stream, not analog audio.

Due to the software (firmware) stack on the hardware, you are looking for much more than just a hardware circuit. The software stack is fairly complex as it supports many data streams from file transfer, phone call headset audio, multimedia stereo audio for speakers and headphones, pointing devices, keyboards, and some other data formats.

In the US and many countries, home built transmitters are not approved and must be certified. As such, you will need to use type accepted RF modules instead of building your own.

To get bluetooth stereo audio receivers, locate some relatively inexpensive bluetooth headphones. A pair of bluetooth USB adapters will be needed to connect to each stereo receiver and a computer that can support more than one bluetooth adapter and connection at the same time. Good luck on the last part. Most operating systems do not support multiple adapters each with their own devices paired. Software is going to be difficult.

Have you considered alternatives to bluetooth? This may be much easier to use for example 2 sets of TV ears. Use one transmitter to send the stereo audio, and have both receivers pick up the same channel.
POLAND_SPUD
Captain
Captain

Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:32 am

why do you need stereo audio??

There were at least two similar threads - use search function
Children are the future

unless we stop them now
Forgotten
Private
Private

Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:48 pm

thank you technician you have cleared up what i was finding confusing also Poland_spud i need it to be stereo because i hate wires always have and i want to create a pair of hear phones that are individual, piece for each ear type of thing
Last edited by Forgotten on Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forgotten
Private
Private

Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:50 pm

also what if the transmitter was just a thing your plugged into you head phone jack would that not work ?