I'm alive too!

Meaningful discussion outside of the potato gun realm. Projects, theories, current events. Non-productive discussion will be locked.
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:38 am

Ragnarok wrote:There's taking it too far. As extreme examples, let's say they're looking for an actor to play the next James Bond... should an actress have an equal chance at the role?
Should a movie have quotas for male and female roles? What about different ethnicities, body shapes, physical abilities?

Should a white man blacked up have an equal chance to play a role written for an African person?

People don't want equality, they want the benefits of hard work without having to work hard, they want the rights but not responsibilities.

This is equality.

It depends what sort of society you want to create, one that rewards simple existence and relegates everyone to homogenized mediocrity or one that rewards competitiveness, ability and drive.
Should all athletics world records be condensed to unisex ones (effectively making women's athletic performances disappear from the record books)?
I don't see how this would change anything. The fastest woman alive would still be the fastest woman alive even if a million men could run faster than her.
I'm not sure I buy the "A man invented the car, so his entire gender gets credit and should assumed to be good drivers" argument. :roll:
That's your own interpretation of what I said.

Men are aggressive, competitive and take risks. This doesn't make them genetically competent, nor does it give them the right to mow down pedestrians. But you can't have one without the other.

I digress, this argument is tiresome. It's more satisfying to sit back and roast marshmallows than try and fight the flames.
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
POLAND_SPUD
Captain
Captain

Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:06 am

In any case, see this - just replace math(s) with driving:
Women suck in general, but that's a good thing.
Should a movie have quotas for male and female roles? What about different ethnicities, body shapes, physical abilities?
Lol I am a douchbag - I demand quotas for douchbags in the parliment (naah wait there's already too much of us there), workplace and everywhere in general.
Children are the future

unless we stop them now
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:33 am

Ragnarok wrote:In any case, see this - just replace math(s) with driving:
The fact is though that girls do suck at math. It is an objective fact, borne out by statistics.
Lol I am a douchbag - I demand quotas for douchbags in the parliment (naah wait there's already too much of us there), workplace and everywhere in general.
There is something fundamentally flawed with the whole "Tolerance for everything, except for intolerance" mantra.

Speaking of douchebags, this shirt is currently being promoted on local radio:

Featuring such classics like "The world is mine tattooed on my chest" and "check my spinning wheels" :roll: :D
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
POLAND_SPUD
Captain
Captain

Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:40 am

heh just found this
[youtube][/youtube]
Douchebags unite
Children are the future

unless we stop them now
Ragnarok
Captain
Captain

Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:54 am

jimmysslowrapping wrote:I don't see how this would change anything. The fastest woman alive would still be the fastest woman alive even if a million men could run faster than her.
If you're saying people have to be treated equally and cannot be divided by gender, even when it does have a strong statistical correlation to their ability, the end conclusion is that she's the million and first fastest human.
That's your own interpretation of what I said.
... because I didn't really see how it related to the actual point. :tongue5:
The fact is though that girls do suck at math. It is an objective fact, borne out by statistics.
a) You're missing the point.
b) There's a difference between "less good" and "suck".
Does that thing kinda look like a big cat to you?
inonickname
First Sergeant 4
First Sergeant 4

Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:29 am

One who did not know JSR would read his posts and assume him to be a misogynist...

...One who did know him would already know that to be true :lol:
PimpAssasinG wrote:no im strong but you are a fat gay mother sucker that gets raped by black man for fun
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:10 am

dictionary wrote:misogyny
mi·sog·y·ny [mi-soj-uh-nee, mahy-]
noun
hatred, dislike, or mistrust of women.
By that definition, thinking men and most women are misogynists :)