full metal bb gun ricochet

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
wyz2285
First Sergeant 2
First Sergeant 2
Austria

Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:23 pm

Make it manual, it´s much more reliable, can the rof is not different than a semi
CpTn_lAw wrote: :D "yay, me wanna make big multishot pnoob with 1000 psi foot pump compressor using diamond as main material. Do you think wet bread make good sealant? " :D
POLAND_SPUD
Captain
Captain

Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:37 pm

its still better then the vss since it's semi auto
VSS is semi auto and full auto
6 mm bb's mine are yellow
you see ? it's airsoft
I'd say go for a hop up unit
Children are the future

unless we stop them now
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:25 pm

POLAND_SPUD wrote:
its still better then the vss since it's semi auto
VSS is semi auto and full auto
Not the subject of this thread ;)
you see ? it's airsoft
I'd say go for a hop up unit
Kuba showed it could be done, certainly.

Unfortunately in the countries where airsoft guns are illegal or require a license, one tends to either not have them or not want to cut them up.
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
POLAND_SPUD
Captain
Captain

Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:30 pm

ohh yeah I forgot about kuba

[youtube][/youtube]
Notice that if he hadn't been aiming at keeping the exactly the same dimensions as the original gun he could have used the 3 way as the only valve

That would make a pretty cool plinker...
with a reg you might be able to use it at 1 bar or so for airsoft and 10 for other targets
Children are the future

unless we stop them now
streetfire
Private 4
Private 4

Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:52 pm

@ poland_spud i think your talking about the VSS 'Vintorez' silenced sniper rifle

and airsoft is illegal in the Netherlands which is strange cause airguns are legal if they dont look like real once which is the problem with airsoft so i can get them from a friend when he goes to Belgium but i dont have parts

the mag is from a bbgun from the local fair but i could blow harder than that thing so i took it apart for the parts only mag was usable

the are having a sale at my hardware retailer this Friday so i will get the parts for it then and the slide valve is on its way any suggestions for a new name?
POLAND_SPUD
Captain
Captain

Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:18 pm

@ poland_spud i think your talking about the VSS 'Vintorez' silenced sniper rifle
yeah, that's what I meant... wasn't that what you meant ?
and airsoft is illegal in the Netherlands which is strange cause airguns are legal if they dont look like real once which is the problem with airsoft so i can get them from a friend when he goes to Belgium but i dont have parts
well you could either get the hop up unit and a suitable magazine magazine or make your own
Children are the future

unless we stop them now
streetfire
Private 4
Private 4

Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:20 pm

POLAND_SPUD wrote:
yeah, that's what I meant... wasn't that what you meant ?
well you could either get the hop up unit and a suitable magazine magazine or make your own
no the second stage of my gun with the big barrel looked like it so i named it after it and does someone know how to make a detent?
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:29 pm

streetfire wrote:does someone know how to make a detent?
As explained elsewhere, you basically need to sandwich a suitably sided o-ring in a threaded fitting at the breech end of the barrel.
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
streetfire
Private 4
Private 4

Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:02 am

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:
streetfire wrote:does someone know how to make a detent?
As explained elsewhere, you basically need to sandwich a suitably sided o-ring in a threaded fitting at the breech end of the barrel.
simple but effective but there are no fittings for 8 mm aluminium barrel so i will check another option.
Gun Freak
Lieutenant 5
Lieutenant 5

Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:07 am

Just put a nipple over the barrel, I found that a drilled out 1/4" nipple fit over my ~8mm tube.
OG Anti-Hybrid
One man's trash is a true Spudder's treasure!
Golf Ball Cannon "Superna"M16 BBMGPengunHammer Valve Airsoft SniperHigh Pressure .22 Coax
Holy Shat!
streetfire
Private 4
Private 4

Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:28 pm

Gun Freak wrote:Just put a nipple over the barrel, I found that a drilled out 1/4" nipple fit over my ~8mm tube.
will try that but i dont think they have them at my local hardware store smallest is 10 mm probably just epoxy it to something i can use 3/8 or something
streetfire
Private 4
Private 4

Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:59 pm

the slide valve is in and the back part of the gun is nearly completed fill valve is missing
streetfire
Private 4
Private 4

Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:06 am

legal bump? to get your attention
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:52 am

hadn't seen this, coming along nicely :) the firing chamber should be pretty small for a useful number of shots though.
qwerty
Corporal 2
Corporal 2

Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:32 am

Depends if he resorts to using BBs. With a small firing chamber I would expect quite a few usefull shots. :?
I visit occasionally to make unrelated posts.