Observer73's Cannon

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
PCGUY
Owner
Owner
United States of America

Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:00 pm

<div align="center">OBSERVER73 CANNON

Provided By - TheFiend

Okay. This is my 2nd cannon and it is huge.

It is powerful.

It is a piston exhaust. The piston is custom made. It is a solid plastic rod weighing in at about 3lbs I think. My dad is a machinist so he helped with that.

The front DOES leak horrible though.

This cannon has only been taken up to 50% (if that) power so I don't know the FULL power of that. If you have made something of this size give me some idea of what it can do at full power.

I am also looking for a idea for a stand for this that is portable because I move it in the back of my GMC Safari 88 minivan to my friends house.

I have found the tennis ball barrel from a place here in the Buffalo NY area. I forget to ask if they had a golf ball barrel. I will have to call later.

I am also planning to redo the entire cannon and fix that leak. Better and new and improved... But I must get ready for work tomorrow at the HOME DEPOT!!!

Provided By - TheFiend</div>
Attachments
observer73_cannon1.jpg
observer73_cannon1.jpg (16.48 KiB) Viewed 4902 times
observer73_cannon2.jpg
observer73_cannon3.jpg
Last edited by PCGUY on Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yes, I am the guy that owns & operates SpudFiles (along with our extremely helpful moderators).
SpudStuff
Sergeant 5
Sergeant 5

Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:13 pm

thats big but arent thoes dwv fottings not for pressure i may me wrong but is that duct tape sealing that leak>
:shock: