My La France pnuematic.

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
Mr_SBC
Private
Private

Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:28 pm

Well this is my third spud gun. I aquired a fire extinguisher and i wanted to use it for the tank. The treads oin the tanks were metric but i screwed in a 1 inch male bushing and it seems to be ok. I modded a sprinkler valve for the first time which was a success. Everything went together ok and i made it with a 1.5" barrel, and a 1 inch barrel. It is going to be a bolt-action ping-pong ball launcher. But i need a coupler before i can put it on the barrel. Tommorow im going to go to the store and pick up the coupling then it should be totally done. Here are the pics-
Image The brand of the fire extinguisher is a american la france...hence the name.
Here is the bolt-action repair coupling-
Image the coupling slides so i can slide it open, drill a hole for the ping pong ball then close it. So when i need to load, i open the slider put the ball into the hole then close it...it is completly sealed with o- rings too :)

EDIT: Kinda just test fired it... i filled it up with 20 psi, loaded a snowball into the barrel pulled the trigger HONK!!! ok, disassembled it, lubed the diaphram...take 2...pulled the trigger whoooosh tossed the snowball like 50 feet. With a ball valve at 20 psi it would barely blow it out of the barrel. awesome power.
Brian the brain
Netherlands

Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:13 am

Viva La France I say...
That breechloader might be quite a find.
The colours suggest it's Italian by the way...

One thing..wouldn't a PVC chamber be lighter or is the weight of the bottle okay?
Gun Freak wrote:
Oh my friggin god stop being so awesome, that thing is pure kick ass. Most innovative and creative pneumatic that the files have ever come by!

Can't ask for a better compliment!!
saladtossser
Sergeant 3
Sergeant 3

Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:25 am

pretty damn sweet, what fittings do u use to hook up the bottle?
"whoa... I thought pimpmann was black..."-pyromanic13
Mr_SBC
Private
Private

Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:12 pm

just a 1 inch threaded bushing kinded jammed in there, o and the bottle isnt really for perfomance at all, mainly for safety and looks.
Mr_SBC
Private
Private

Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:09 pm

Well i FINALLY got my sdr-21 from the local hardware store so i got my golf ball barrel done. Ive been shooting it at 120 psi latly and it shoots so well. I shot a golfball through 2 peices of 3/4" chipboard nailed together. my combustion will shoot through one...