PVC Marble Sniper

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
McThrust
Private
Private

Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:29 am

This is my first pneumatic cannon. It has a 1/2 inch metre long barrel, almost perfect for marbles.
Due to the pvc glue drying too quickly i was unable to give a half twist for the main body connection, therefore creating a few leaks (hence the reason for the all the glue crap round the chamber).
At 30psi a marble dissapears out of sight. Any tips to add more power to this baby would be appreciated. :twisted: :twisted:
ps. pressure guage is on the underside of the barrel.
Attachments
untitled.JPG
rna_duelers
Staff Sergeant 3
Staff Sergeant 3

Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:24 am

a good trick i no is to add some wadding behind the marble,makes a better seal..not like u could ask for a better one..but it does increase it slightly.

you could always just add more psi,but wat type of pipe did you use?use sch 40 and u could go to 90-100 psi.
McThrust
Private
Private

Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:58 pm

i dont know ifs its schedule 40 or not; although it says on the piping that its DWV; does that mean its schedule 40?
rna_duelers
Staff Sergeant 3
Staff Sergeant 3

Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:53 am

Well it will state if its pressure rated and if it doesnt say it is then it isnt,which is dangerous and shouldnt be used.the type of pipe you should be using is a sch40 NSF-PW ~pressure rating here~ pipe and remember if it doesnt have it printed on it then it isnt pressure rated.saftey first and also u wont have to fork out more $$ because it shouldnt fail,so go the high quality pipe and fittings its safer and cheaper in the long run.
McThrust
Private
Private

Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:55 am

made a breach loader; works great. the guy at the plumming supplies store reckoned the pipe was pressure rated, even though it didnt say so on the piping. just to be safe im gonna re-do the whole chamber.
rna_duelers
Staff Sergeant 3
Staff Sergeant 3

Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:27 am

well when its all done get some updated pics and post em :P a breach loader,nice and maybe some dmg pics :twisted: