Copper Tubes

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
elitesniper
Sergeant
Sergeant

Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:33 pm

Can you guys help me this is my first time working with copper..so i want to use copper tubing for my copper gun the copper tube will connect the pilot of the qev to a 1/4 ball valve..How do i use the compression fittings? and does the copper tubing come in a big roll is that that right stuff? You guys can help clear it up for me :)
spud downunder
Private 3
Private 3

Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:32 am

yer the only copper pipe i can find is in a role and like sorta soft and bendable, it doesnt seem like the stuf everyone else uses
inonickname
First Sergeant 4
First Sergeant 4

Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:03 am

Compression fittings will either be flared or use an olive to grip the pipe. The pipe should be lightly sanded first. The nut deforms the olive (or forces the flare) into place and will retain and seal through friction.

Copper tube should be available in straight lengths of usually around 6 foot. I doubt the coiled tube would be ideal for this purpose.
PimpAssasinG wrote:no im strong but you are a fat gay mother sucker that gets raped by black man for fun
CpTn_lAw
Corporal 5
Corporal 5

Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:43 am

3 or 6 feet lentgh, available in many many sizes, from 1/4" to 2" at my local hardware store. (well, of course, in my store it's all metric). Bendable stuff is NOT advised...
"J'mets mes pieds où j'veux, et c'est souvent dans la gueule."
inonickname
First Sergeant 4
First Sergeant 4

Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:01 am

I would have mentioned 3 feet, though in stores I've been to 3 feet sections seem to be offcuts of pieces of 6 feet pipe that have been dropped, bent or are full of dings. I'd rather spend the money for a 6' length.
PimpAssasinG wrote:no im strong but you are a fat gay mother sucker that gets raped by black man for fun
CpTn_lAw
Corporal 5
Corporal 5

Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:32 pm

Well, in france , at the store where i go (more like a giant build-whatever-you-like superstore) they o from 3' directly to 10' for straight tubing.
"J'mets mes pieds où j'veux, et c'est souvent dans la gueule."