Extreme Coaxial

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
noname
First Sergeant 4
First Sergeant 4

Sat May 27, 2006 12:22 pm

This is my co-axial cannon. It is mainly 2" Sch. 40 PVC. It is simple and uses a 1/8" neoprene rubber diaphragm. It used to use a 1/16" diaphragm, but that one busted under 50 psi. The old diaphragm was also inconvenient because after every shot it came off the barrel (I hadn't thought of using a spring). Then I had to unscrew the plug and reset it. I have never had the thick one burst and it stays in place.

The cannon is vented by a pneumatically modified 3/4" Orbit sprinkler valve. The plug is really ugly with all that PVC glue on it but that's because I drilled a hole for a steel nipple but the hole was too big. So I cut a male threaded piece off of one of my other pneumatics and stuck it in.

I clamped the blowgun onto the back handle and it fits me perfectly. The handles are 1" PVC and wrapped in hot pink duct tape.

The barrel is inside the chamber all the way to the back and is 3/4" PVC. It is cut off and set flush to the front end of the gun.

The firepower behind this is amazing! On a chrono it shoots a paintball about 820 fps.

Sorry the pics are small
Attachments
This is the business end of the launcher.
This is the business end of the launcher.
This is the cannon from the left side.<br />You can see the cut off barrel.
This is the cannon from the left side.
You can see the cut off barrel.
This is the cannon from the right side.
This is the cannon from the right side.
This is the trigger assembly for the gun
This is the trigger assembly for the gun
Last edited by noname on Sun May 28, 2006 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
drac
Corporal 4
Corporal 4
United States of America

Sat May 27, 2006 1:00 pm

That's a really nice looking gun! The hot pink adds a nice flare.

We tend to discourage talking about shooting at things or people, even if it was with a nerf dart. BUt nice gun nevertheless.
Shrimphead
Corporal
Corporal

Sat May 27, 2006 1:44 pm

That's cool and powerful! I like coaxial, they conserve space and look nice if you ask me. Excellent work!
Controlled insanity = Genius
Life flies when you're being dumb.
Benny
Corporal 4
Corporal 4

Sat May 27, 2006 6:13 pm

same, thats a really nice gun. :D
noname
First Sergeant 4
First Sergeant 4

Sat May 27, 2006 8:28 pm

I wasn't going to shoot him. I had just blasted a hole in a bucket with the nerf and he was like dude, shoot me. I want to see how much it hurts.