New to forums, want to get started right away

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
jdog234
Private
Private

Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:40 pm

Hey you spudsters? ha. I'm new to the forum, and I was wondering if I could get some help on a spudgun build. I was thinking of something loud, fun to shoot, and basically something I could use to destroy things that are usually off to the dump. So any input on what materials I should use?What sizes? What kind of pneumatic parts I should buy? How about some good guides on how to build this ( there are so many, its overwhelming). I was thinking about using it to fire off spuds as it was intended to do so.
Any input is appreciated. Thank you:)
Technician1002
Captain
Captain

Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:10 pm

Check the showcase. Shorter barrel combustions are generally noisy.
Insomniac
Sergeant 3
Sergeant 3

Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:16 am

Check out the wiki too (link at top of page). If noise and convenience are what you're after, combustion would probably suit you better... a well made, basic combustion will give you a very loud bang with a decent bit of power. It won't compare to a well made pneumatic, but using combustion saves you from pumping it up/needing to use a compressor.

Just as a bit of advice, we don't really like to spoon-feed people plans or designs here. Take a look around the forums, and if possible draw up a diagram of what you think will work and post it, then we can help point out any mistakes you've made and improve upon it.

Oh, and welcome to the forums!
I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges.
Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.

Add me on msn!!! insomniac-55@hotmail.com
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:23 am

Buy one of these, stick a couple of pipes in each end and you're done ;)
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
jdog234
Private
Private

Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:12 am

Thanks guys, well I'm a bit of a geek so I was looking for a pnuematical setup ( and I've read its safer to use. ) Thanks for your time though. I' definately read and search around the forums to get a better understanding of it, and how it all works.
jdog234
Private
Private

Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:14 am

Thanks guys, well I'm a bit of a geek so I was looking for a pnuematical setup ( and I've read its safer to use. ) Thanks for your time though. I' definately read and search around the forums to get a better understanding of it, and how it all works.
jimmy101
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
United States of America

Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:29 pm

jdog234 wrote:Thanks guys, well I'm a bit of a geek so I was looking for a pnuematical setup ( and I've read its safer to use. ) Thanks for your time though. I' definately read and search around the forums to get a better understanding of it, and how it all works.
Actually, a pneumatic is more hazardous than a combustion. Combustions have been made with tin cans and duct tape. A pneumatic, assuming a generic 120 PSIG shop compressor, contains a lot more energy for a given volume than even a well made combustion.
psycix
Sergeant Major 4
Sergeant Major 4

Donating Members

Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:05 pm

On top of that a combustion has a very short pressurized time while a pneumatic is carried around (and dropped?) while pressurized.
Till the day I'm dieing, I'll keep them spuddies flying, 'cause I can!

Spudfiles steam group, join!
Insomniac
Sergeant 3
Sergeant 3

Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:21 pm

Though provided you've built either type well, they are both very safe.
I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges.
Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.

Add me on msn!!! insomniac-55@hotmail.com