prototype ballistic knife

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
toogers
Private 2
Private 2

Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:32 am

hey, you could take a 12 gram co2 adapter and build it into the handle to make it portable!
Crna Legija
First Sergeant 2
First Sergeant 2

Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:04 pm

im defiantly not dumping 800+psi into a chamber this small. the seal would probably blow out.
'' To alcohol... The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.”
--Homer Simpson

Add me on ps3: wannafuk, 8/11/11 cant wait
toogers
Private 2
Private 2

Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:05 pm

that's true. a regulator would make it less portable anyway.
PVC Arsenal 17
Staff Sergeant 3
Staff Sergeant 3

Sun May 01, 2011 11:14 am

I made one of these with a push button quick disconnect and tested it up to 400psi. It is a bit difficult to press the button down but it packs a suprising punch. I only capped off the plug fitting and did not attach a blade as that would make it illegal in NJ.

I think this idea has great potential to be made into a "valveless" launcher. Later today I'm going to attach a barrel around a regular QD's sleeve and form the plug into a better projectile. Simply pulling the barrel back would fire it off. It really can't get any simpler than this and the power should be respectable. The added feature of the projectile being locked inside the barrel until fired is particularly attractive to those using [/i]magic launchers.
Crna Legija
First Sergeant 2
First Sergeant 2

Sun May 01, 2011 11:31 am

im having trouble with my new one, the external pipe tapers slightly, bigger at the front and smaller towards the filling plug, its making it uber hard to seal.
--Homer Simpson

qwerty
Corporal 2
Corporal 2

Sun May 01, 2011 1:33 pm

Hmm, i'm trying to understand what you mean... Anyway, i've always wondered, what on earth is your avatar supposed to be? All i see is a plane with a red and white thing coming out of it...
I visit occasionally to make unrelated posts.
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sun May 01, 2011 2:26 pm

PVC Arsenal 17 wrote:I made one of these with a push button quick disconnect and tested it up to 400psi. It is a bit difficult to press the button down but it packs a suprising punch. I only capped off the plug fitting and did not attach a blade as that would make it illegal in NJ.
Pictures!
It really can't get any simpler than this and the power should be respectable.
My philosophy in a nutshell :D
Anyway, i've always wondered, what on earth is your avatar supposed to be? All i see is a plane with a red and white thing coming out of it...
Call of duty representation of this beautiful bird:

hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
PVC Arsenal 17
Staff Sergeant 3
Staff Sergeant 3

Sun May 01, 2011 5:37 pm

I had to bore out the check valve since the push-button types are sealed for life, but it worked. It's best done with the plug connected so the seal is protected from your drill.

I'll get started on the other launcher once I get some more time off from school.
Zeus
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Sun May 01, 2011 6:01 pm

Well, I'll get in before JSR, why couldn't a hybrid knife be built? Power would be far greater, tricky releasing systems would be moot, and there'd be more power.

Seems the best option to me, I'll still waiting on a horse arse syringe though.
/sarcasm, /hyperbole
warhead052
Staff Sergeant 3
Staff Sergeant 3

Sun May 01, 2011 6:38 pm

Once I figure out the problem for my fill valve, I will try and get some pictures up. Its about 5 inchs long excluding the plugged up QD male fitting.
Crna Legija
First Sergeant 2
First Sergeant 2

Sun May 01, 2011 11:52 pm

qwerty wrote:Hmm, i'm trying to understand what you mean... Anyway, i've always wondered, what on earth is your avatar supposed to be? All i see is a plane with a red and white thing coming out of it...
yea its a ac130 pic from mw2.
Zeus wrote:Well, I'll get in before JSR, why couldn't a hybrid knife be built? Power would be far greater, tricky releasing systems would be moot, and there'd be more power.

Seems the best option to me, I'll still waiting on a horse arse syringe though.
i was think about the too you could use a peace of string from the fill valve to the knife to hold have the mix pressure. well really if i can get this cunt to seal i can drill a hole in the epoxy plug and insert a second electrode for a spark gap.
Attachments
this is what the pipe is doing not quite has bad tho
this is what the pipe is doing not quite has bad tho
bad.jpg (7.8 KiB) Viewed 2187 times
--Homer Simpson

Lockednloaded
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
United States of America

Sun May 01, 2011 11:53 pm

I might make an oxy/propane version to avoid releasing mechanisms and o-rings
I love lamp
Crna Legija
First Sergeant 2
First Sergeant 2

Mon May 02, 2011 1:25 am

I fixed the leak by making a cup O-ring, and good lord was it a PITA to make. Tested it with very suprizing results, at only a 100psi the blade flew 20 meters and went over to see the neighbours yard. Jumped over only to find the blade broke, not too surprised it was only a hack saw blade. i will be making a new one it will look more like the real ones blade with out the groves in the middle.

edit: made the new blade, haven't sharpened it or tried to harden it, but with my reading look like it wont harden very well, since its mild steel.
Attachments
oring mod.jpg
oring mod.jpg (13.27 KiB) Viewed 2177 times
new blade.jpg
--Homer Simpson

warhead052
Staff Sergeant 3
Staff Sergeant 3

Mon May 02, 2011 9:42 am

Nice new blade! I am going to keep mine just a simple plugged up connecter, just to make it legal here. Other wise if I add a blade, its illegal, and I wont be able to use it. But really? 100psi and 20m?!
Crna Legija
First Sergeant 2
First Sergeant 2

Mon May 02, 2011 9:57 am

warhead052 wrote:Nice new blade! I am going to keep mine just a simple plugged up connecter, just to make it legal here. Other wise if I add a blade, its illegal, and I wont be able to use it. But really? 100psi and 20m?!
im pretty sure its not illegal to have one in here too but ill risk it, lol i miss typed it was 10m not 20 lol need to proof read.
--Homer Simpson