Pressure washer handle

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
subzer0
Private
Private

Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:05 pm

Hi Guys,
I am newly registered but far from a first-time-reader, I have been around as a quiet reader for about 2 years now :)
Finally I got around to building my own PCP, or at least attempt so. I have the basic components laid out but am struck at one problem:
I plan to use a Pressure washer handle as the main part for my first try.
First off; Is there any reason why there are so few of those used? I can remember JSR posting a pic of a small HPA bottle hooked up to one but thats about it. That makes me wonder because in my opinion they are quite ideal because of their insane max pressure ratings.

But on to my real question: The pressure washer I got in mind has an "M22" threading for connection to the chamber. Any Idea what sort of threading that is and if its possible to connect that to standard fittings?

Thanks in avance

SubZer0
dewey-1
Sergeant 3
Sergeant 3

Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:48 pm

farcticox1
Sergeant
Sergeant

Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:50 am

I love the pressure washer handles

Full auto, 200 shot, 6000 rpm

Sniper, single shot, 50 round magazine,
Last edited by farcticox1 on Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:56 am

Welcome to the fraternity of contributing members :) what are you planning in terms of launcher?
farcticox1 wrote:I love the pressure washer handles
Hook them up to a BB chamber and a HPA source and you can have a lot of fun :)

[youtube][/youtube]
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
subzer0
Private
Private

Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:19 am

First let me thank you for the kind replies :)
Also, thanks for the link dewey-1, I will buy one of those.
farcticox1: I can't say how I could miss those beauties, is that sniper rifle semiauto? I can't really tell from the picture what mechanism you used.
JSR: I am planning some sort of "sniper rifle", semiauto, 8-10mm bullets I plan to fabricate out of steel rod (is that the correct word for a "solid pipe")
And look-wise a bit like a dragunov rifle or that shorter variant used by spetznaz in Russia, I always liked the looks of those. All steel of course so I can use some reasonable power if the initial tests prove the system safe. I also have kind of an idea for a "new" reloading mechanism, but I first want to see if it works as I expect it to.
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:48 pm

subzer0 wrote:I am planning some sort of "sniper rifle", semiauto, 8-10mm bullets I plan to fabricate out of steel rod (is that the correct word for a "solid pipe")
If you want to be accurate, your projectiles need to be well thought out and consistently made. Have a read through this thread: http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/project ... 22514.html
And look-wise a bit like a dragunov rifle or that shorter variant used by spetznaz in Russia, I always liked the looks of those.
Pretty is as pretty does ;)

If you want consistency, I would include some sort of detent system to make sure the projectile is always released at the same pressure. Simply pulling the trigger will not result in similar velocities every time.
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
subzer0
Private
Private

Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:14 pm

Thanks for that thread JSR, I will sure have a look.
If you want consistency, I would include some sort of detent system to make sure the projectile is always released at the same pressure. Simply pulling the trigger will not result in similar velocities every time.
I will see, would it be sufficient to use a small O-ring in front of the bullet?
Also, do you think a construction of steel tubing and brass fittings would withstand ~20Bar pressure? I figure even if possible I wouldn't need to go higher, but thats just my limited expierience :)
farcticox1
Sergeant
Sergeant

Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:15 pm

subzerO here is the story of the sniper, single shot.

http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/sniper-t25101.html

Video

And looking at the full auto again I got the numbers wrong, It holds 100 bb's and I'm thinking 60,000 rpm not 6,000. 100 in 0.1sec x10 x60 = 60,000

Video
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:20 pm

subzer0 wrote:I will see, would it be sufficient to use a small O-ring in front of the bullet?
Pretty much, an o-ring in a compression fitting allows you to adjust the release pressure by loosening or tightening the compression.

This might be good inspiration: http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/6mm-mag ... ter,0.html
Also, do you think a construction of steel tubing and brass fittings would withstand ~20Bar pressure?

Most normal fittings should hold that without problems.
subzer0
Private
Private

Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:30 pm

I love the immediate responses here, hard to find a forum with so active members. I like it here :)
Allright, the plans are made up, now I just have to wait for the delivery guy to get me my pressure washer :)