Qev tank

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
Ansen
Private
Private

Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:45 am

Hi i am building a qev spud so it can be a semi-auto i need help concerning the air tank , what size should it be ?
Can someone could link me a post so that i can get an idea of what size ect.. I dont know a lot about the pressure and the maths surrounding it.
Thanks for your help
Doodmens
Private 3
Private 3

Tue May 19, 2015 9:35 am

The size of your air tank depends on the size of your barrel. I think a good rule of the thumb is to have your air tank about twice or more the size of your barrel.

For a semi-auto gun, you want a lot of air so you can shoot many times, right?
So in this case I'd recommend making your air tank as large as possible (with regards to weight and ergonomics).
Brian the brain
Netherlands

Wed May 20, 2015 11:29 am

The type of valve(s)...the pressure you want to use. to what pressure you can fill....the recocking system..number of shots...
All matter.
What sort of performance are you looking for?
What is your pressure source?

It is clear you should go for a fast resetting valve to keep in as much air as possible.
The flow of this valve should be sufficient to meet your requirements...There are a number of options to choose from depending on what you want.
Gun Freak wrote:
Oh my friggin god stop being so awesome, that thing is pure kick ass. Most innovative and creative pneumatic that the files have ever come by!

Can't ask for a better compliment!!
Gleedaniel13
Private 2
Private 2

Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:51 pm

I will also recommend this suggestion
The size of your air tank depends on the size of your barrel. I think a good rule of the thumb is to have your air tank about twice or more the size of your barrel.
This way I think your gun will function very well.