my "super" quality air rifle.

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
spudnoob21
Private
Private

Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:24 pm

hi guys,

im new here and i wanted to show you an airgun i made some time ago. its nothing special and its not very safe nor is it quality. after one shot the tank is empty and i need to refill it again because of the inefficient valve mechanism. the mechanics of the gun work like this: the firts valve is opened so the chamber is filled, then the first valve is closed then i open the second valve and so the air escapes through the barrel firing the projectile. however this was my plan...but with 5 bar the chamber is by far not big enough. also i need to open the second valve manually because i could'nt find a spring which is strong enough. i also dont dare to go over 5 bar because its way too dangerous. my airtank is a fire extinguisher which i have "modified" all its guts are taken out and i forced a shrader valve from a bicycle in the hole that was left. then i forced a 1/2 connector nipple thingy over the hole and "securely" attached it and the shrader valve with some epoxy glue.
as for the stock... its no good either because the handle broke off... which i securely attached back with some "high" level inginuity engineering. the barrel is just some tube i found which happened to be fitting inside some chrome pieces i bought. bought the 1/2 T-fitting too much though.

it might be the most ineficient airgun on this planet.
also ball valves are bad.

i wanted to upgrade my mechanics so i can actually get some fun out of it.
this is what i wanted to do. buy a paintball tank which i am going to attach to the gun directly, not with a tube (like its now)
then i want to upgrade the firing mechanism by buying a QEV.
then im going to make a new stock which is gonna be better quality then the one i have now.

let me know what you think about it.
Attachments
this is a total picture of the gun, sorry for the bad lighting.
this is a total picture of the gun, sorry for the bad lighting.
this is a close up of the ball valve system, the first ball valve is on the other side.
this is a close up of the ball valve system, the first ball valve is on the other side.
3.jpg