Reloading Problems, semi automatic airgun

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
BramR
Private
Private

Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:20 am

Hi guys,

So i have come a long way since my last post. i've read a lot about pneumatic guns on this forum and that really helped. i checked out the guns of Poland_Spud and jules56, those guns inspired me to make the setup i currently have. it's not finished just yet though. i found myself a decent airtank (bigger then my last one) and i've searched ebay and aliexpress for parts like a pneumatic hose, a cylinder and a 3-way valve.
20150822_133915_resized.jpg
now here is my problem. i can't seem to find a way to make a proper casing for reloading my ammo and ofcourse shooting it away.

Poland_spud uses a solid aluminium block which is impossible for me because i dont have a mill or something. Poland_Spud http://www.spudfiles.com/pneumatic-cann ... 20259.html

the way jules56 does it is possible but i expect to much leakage and i also wonder if he's ammo falls out when he's barrel is down. jules56 airgun http://www.spudfiles.com/pneumatic-cann ... 21799.html

Wyzz has also been very helpful with all of his videos, i've checked him out too.
20150822_133950_resized.jpg
20150822_134049_resized.jpg
i was wondering if you guys could give me some advice on how to make a decent performing semi automatic airgun. and by that i mean the part where the ammo is put into the barrel and is propelled afterwards.

BramR, The Netherlands :D :D
POLAND_SPUD
Captain
Captain

Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:29 pm

you can use Ts (a kind of fitting that well looks like the letter T) to make a something that performs the same function. The biggest problem is finding the fittings in the right size. You are unlikely to find them in exactly the right size for you but you can insert metal tubes inside them to reach the right internal diameter or something like that.
Children are the future

unless we stop them now
BramR
Private
Private

Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:01 am

POLAND_SPUD wrote:you can use Ts (a kind of fitting that well looks like the letter T) to make a something that performs the same function. The biggest problem is finding the fittings in the right size. You are unlikely to find them in exactly the right size for you but you can insert metal tubes inside them to reach the right internal diameter or something like that.
So i didn't really have time to make any progress. I did work a little bit at it though. I used a 12 mm copper pipe and drilled two holes in it. one for the ammo and one for the air(the last one being a bit smaller ofcourse). over that i slided 2x 15 mm T-fittings(with some modified other fittings to make it a smooth fit) to attach the magazine and QEv.
but now when i try to shoot with it it doesn't work. luckily i know why but i just dont really know how to fix it. when i recharge the air chamber and at the same time the air cylinder, the air cylinder creates such a high velocity that the ball drops out in front of the barrel. :? :?
So i need something to make either the action of the air cylinder go slower or i need something to stop/slow the ball just before the air releases, to stop it from shooting out of the barrel.

i hope someone has encountered the same problem and knows a genius solution. :idea: :D :D

I was thinking about maybe adding a speed control valve to make the action of the cylinder go slower. Could that be a idea that would work?

BramR!!
Last edited by jrrdw on Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Double post.
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:39 am

BramR wrote:i need something to stop/slow the ball just before the air releases, to stop it from shooting out of the barrel.
Have you thought of a detent? Spring loaded ball detent are available as pre-made parts that you can just screw in:

hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
BramR
Private
Private

Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:45 am

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:
Have you thought of a detent? Spring loaded ball detent are available as pre-made parts that you can just screw in:
That could work indeed. i'll check it out. Thanks!! :D

BramR