T-Piston Airgun with Collapsible Stock

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
cowscankill
Private 4
Private 4
United States of America

Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:24 pm

Wow, two posts in one day. It's like I've risen from the dead.

Been browsing gun ideas again, now that I have most of my tools with me at university I should be able to make something. I noticed while looking around that the last guns I made were never posted to the forum, or anywhere for whatever reason so here is what I made last spring break (long video):

[youtube][/youtube]

The idea was to take a relatively small T-piston off of an old broken gun, fix it, and get it to actually work reliably. I went ahead and experimented with some woodworking and what-not, and ended up with a neat little toy. Not nearly as powerful as my older guns but I learned a lot so that's always a plus.

1" tee piston. The piston itself is made of sanded 3/4" pvc with a rubber sealing face. To get this design to work, the 1/2" pilot housing was filled almost entirely with hotglue to reduce the volume; otherwise it's not efficient enough to draw back the mediocre piston.

Currently looking at making a hammer valve for the first time. I know I can make semi's using a QEV + slide valve but I like making the stuff myself and learning along the way, so I'll hopefully be posting a tutorial or something in the future on a 1/2" pvc hammer valve that newbies should be able to use effectively in a semi-auto design. Already have it drawn up and seems pretty straight forward.

That's it for now, just thought I'd drop in and say hey to everyone.

-cowscankill
Last edited by cowscankill on Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler." - Albert Einstein
Doodmens
Private 3
Private 3

Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:52 pm

Gorgeous! Very clean looking and a well designed gun. I really like the way your stock works, might do something with that myself. Looking forward to seeing more guns by you!
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:11 am

Look who's still around :) very Metro 2033, interesting build. Deserves some wood staining and metal finishing to complete the post-apocalyptic look.
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
wyz2285
First Sergeant 2
First Sergeant 2
Austria

Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:41 am

Barrel looks too long to me, cut it off about 1/3
CpTn_lAw wrote: :D "yay, me wanna make big multishot pnoob with 1000 psi foot pump compressor using diamond as main material. Do you think wet bread make good sealant? " :D
cowscankill
Private 4
Private 4
United States of America

Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:34 pm

Doodmens wrote:Gorgeous! Very clean looking and a well designed gun. I really like the way your stock works, might do something with that myself. Looking forward to seeing more guns by you!
Don't worry, I've got something pretty technical coming. Think... pump action, cylinders, semi-auto... something along those lines. ;) (all at once?! I must be crazy)
Epoxy Man wrote:Look who's still around :) very Metro 2033, interesting build. Deserves some wood staining and metal finishing to complete the post-apocalyptic look.
Wasn't quite shooting for post-apocalyptic on this one, but I agree that a darker wood stain would look great. I wanted to see if I could make homemade wood finish and I can so... yay. Next time I stain a gun I'll do it darker, assuming I have the stain.
I went ahead and decided to take the advice you gave me a while back and make the guns in my dorm... since I only use 1/2" pvc I'll say it's a marshmallow gun (nerf guns have been banned from the campus). Either way I won't say anything unless I get caught... :D

Quick edit: I've tried coffee stains as well and it's not as dark as I would like, but I hate dealing with chemical stains/fumes. I've also done iron oxide stain but my homemade stuff was pure red, so it looks nice but not quite the color I want.
wyz2285 wrote:Barrel looks too long to me, cut it off about 1/3
I did the math and the volumes for the barrel and chamber check out. I'd cut it for aesthetics I suppose but I don't mind how it is now.
NeoSpud
Private 4
Private 4

Donating Members

Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:02 pm

That folding stock is baller as hell! Nice job
"oh my god, I'm so old now" -me, 2020
cowscankill
Private 4
Private 4
United States of America

Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:51 am

NeoSpud wrote:That folding stock is baller as hell! Nice job
Thanks! Had a hell of a time figuring out how to make it work.