Larger 3/4" QEV piloted by 1/4" QEV

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
AlfiePB IanB
Private 2
Private 2

Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:01 pm

A bit of background I have been using a Parker 3/4" valve at 400psi max (bit scary) but now want to built one using a Humphreyas heard many positive opions and even seen a page where a guy modified his (spring/hole) to fill the chamber but I dont want to do this to my new qev. I have been using 12mm BB as any larger gets pricey. But for this gun I want to use maybe 12 or 15mm with something like a 36" Stainless seemless tube, it needs to be a ste up from my last gun and I will actually attempt to create something worth looking at, not just using!! :)

I have a Humphrey QE5 and just waiting on a QE2 (IIRC) I would like to pilot the larger with the smaller allowing for a smaller valve to pilot the 2nd ( entire system), Can anyone point me in the right direction of connectiong the QEVS and also was looking at something like Clippard MJV-3 as the pilot valve/triger as they handle arond 300psi (manuafcturer figure, so sure can take more).

Ideally I would like a 2/3 way valve so it fires, then released returning to the refill position, any ideas on a valve suitable for flow and pressure that would do this and not costs the earth, I would preffure a push button rather than slide vale.

many thanks Ian