FOOMP

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:22 am

For something zip-tied to the barrel that looks like it was made for it!
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
Brian the brain
Netherlands

Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:50 am

That's because I hacked up the baseplate to make it fit. :lol: I still need to make some decent brackets for it that double as a barrel support.
Gun Freak wrote:
Oh my friggin god stop being so awesome, that thing is pure kick ass. Most innovative and creative pneumatic that the files have ever come by!

Can't ask for a better compliment!!
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:23 am

Brian the brain wrote:I hacked up
Old habits die hard :D
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
Brian the brain
Netherlands

Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:32 am

Indeed :D :D I trew something together..flattened pvc in the oven and wrapped it around..the bolt also holds the original bracket on the pump in place. This is the pretty side :lol:(edit) I also removed the pressure gauge as it's not possible to exceed the rating by pumping it manually..at least..I don 't see en myself pumping 200 x.The gauge got in the way of holding it comfortably..I'll stick to counting pumps.Next up..building a sturdy bracket to mount the blowgun to..(edited again..) There we go..
Attachments
IMG-20190410-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20190410-WA0004.jpg
Gun Freak wrote:
Oh my friggin god stop being so awesome, that thing is pure kick ass. Most innovative and creative pneumatic that the files have ever come by!

Moonbogg
Staff Sergeant 3
Staff Sergeant 3
United States of America

Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:53 am

Brian the Brain! Dude it's great to see you back on a project! Oh man, we must all be getting kind of old, at least I know I am. I love the old school style of this thing. I agree that old school and simple is really where it's at for this hobby. My first launcher was made from paint cans duct taped together with a hole drilled at the bottom to squirt lighter fluid inside. That thing blew my mind. I love the on-board pump. That's a straight luxury mod.
I lost interest in the hobby and didn't really expect to return, but one day my brother in law (a few months ago) asked if we could go shoot my potato gun. I put some new batteries in it and we went off and shot the thing and I forgot just how far a lime can go. The hobby sucked me right back in like a giant lime-juice vortex. Now I spent all my money on a crazy project and I was crapping my pants about the whole thing, but now that the initial shock is over, all I can say is YOLO! Let's build some stuff!
Hopefully our activity get's some people stimulated and involved. It's a great hobby and I am always surprised by what I see people come up with. I'm always learning something new. For instance, just by reading this thread I learned that I can put PVC sheet in the oven and form my own brackets. I swear to god that never occurred to me and I might use that some day soon.
Brian the brain
Netherlands

Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:29 am

I used sections of pipe, rather than sheet. Had some left óver anyway. In the meantime I made a protective wraparound mount for the pump..
Attachments
IMG-20190410-WA0008.jpg
IMG-20190410-WA0006.jpg
Gun Freak wrote:

wyz2285
First Sergeant 2
First Sergeant 2
Austria

Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:49 pm

Pumping it while look down the bore must be hella exciting :lol:
CpTn_lAw wrote: :D "yay, me wanna make big multishot pnoob with 1000 psi foot pump compressor using diamond as main material. Do you think wet bread make good sealant? " :D
Brian the brain
Netherlands

Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:31 pm

I imagine so..that's why I pump it shotgun style. Pump from the hip, launch from the hip.. :D Added foam to the shoulder...I mean hipstock.. :lol:
Attachments
IMG-20190410-WA0010.jpg
Gun Freak wrote:

wyz2285
First Sergeant 2
First Sergeant 2
Austria

Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:50 am

You're sure stronger than I am and that's some long arms you got there...
Neat package tho, reminds me of teenage years :D
CpTn_lAw wrote: :D "yay, me wanna make big multishot pnoob with 1000 psi foot pump compressor using diamond as main material. Do you think wet bread make good sealant? " :D
Brian the brain
Netherlands

Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:26 am

It's perfectly doable as it is a low pressure build. And it's not that big. I'm reconcidering the position of the blowgun..it would be better on top and a bit to the rear for better balance..
Gun Freak wrote:

jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:48 am

I missed these BtB style builds, where it starts out as something simple and stuff just keeps getting bolted on :D
Brian the brain
Netherlands

Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:11 am

I simplify by complicating stuff :D :D :D minigun grip ..now it's balanced. I can carry it like a suitcase. I just need to get two replacement fittings to tidy up the pilot side. Things could be a bit cleaner..
Attachments
IMG-20190411-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20190411-WA0006.jpg
Gun Freak wrote:

hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:38 am

It looks scary. It looks like a weapon to tear down walls! Nice work, I liked it. :)
Brian the brain
Netherlands

Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:43 pm

It's just the toy / baby-version of one I made a decade ago.. Full metal.. capable of 22 bar..shot there at 12 bar .Can 't .compare that to handpumped..
[youtube][/youtube]
Gun Freak wrote: