Tennis Ball Cannon

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
Chuckd763
Private
Private

Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:27 pm

Hi everyone and TIA for any input on my query. I have High pressure tanks for my PCP Airguns, 5000 psi max that have a foster fitting on them. I am wondering if I can just use some kind of trigger off the tank to a barrel and ;aunch some tenis balls for my very hyper pooch so he can run a bit more in his game of fetch?
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:26 am

Welcome to the forum!

Do your tanks have a paintball type ASA thread?

Do you have access to some basic tools?
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
Chuckd763
Private
Private

Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:39 pm

I am handy and I have tools. The tanks are of the SCBA nature. They have two guages one for tank pressure and one for whatever you are filling. They connect by a quick connect foster fitting. I am just wondering if I would have to build a plenum or could I just find a suitable trigger and go right from the tank? I am not looking for a high level cannon just something that will hurl a tennis ball a hundred feet or
so.
Chuckd763
Private
Private

Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:44 pm

I was really hoping to just have the tank in a backpack and a simple hose fed trigger on the launch tube that I could pipe with high pressure hose from tank to trigger to tube. So I guess I really need to know what would make a cheap trigger and could I get away with pvc pipe. I would like to keep it as light and simple as possible.
Dubmobile
Recruit
Recruit

Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:09 am

So did you finish your cannon?