first post and models

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
kunkmiester
Private
Private

Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:24 pm

I've been prevented from messing with potato cannon for a while now, finances and such. This is looking up for 2020, so I've been looking into designs again. Goals are to get into higher pressure, scratch machining from aluminum (partly because of looking at higher pressure), and repeaters.

I made a sprinkler valve gun a few years ago, which got left behind in a move. I'm looking at more advanced designs now, especially after finding a GIF and such for a design that made the valve operation clear. Following that I've gotten some designs sketched out, and for some things I think better in 3D, so one of my Christmas presents to myself was modeling up this design. I put the pilot on the back, rather than the vent. Incidentally this also allows the valve to be pulled below the barrel, allowing a shorter overall cannon, though more dead space. This will be good for some of the repeater designs though.

The valve stuff I found here:
Link removed due to web attack linked to website.
Which I looked up and found a thread on it here:
http://www.spudfiles.com/pneumatic-cann ... 20581.html
That thread says the site had quit, but apparently not, though I think that might actually be an archive.

For more kicks and giggles, I'm including one of the first rough models of the battle bus, complete with multiple air cannon of various sizes. Someday over the rainbow.
Attachments
simple spud gun.jpg
battle bus mk 2.png
Last edited by jrrdw on Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link removed.