Valves

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
ClaytonM223
Recruit
Recruit
United States of America

Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:02 pm

Hi, I am Clayton from the Van Wert robotics team and I need help finding a valve that I can use on our FRC robot that we will use to shoot t-shirts at ball games. We intend to have a bank of 7 or so barrels that will shoot individually. I need to find valves that can allow the CO₂ into the barrel from the tank. They need to be as cheap as possible. Thanks for the help!
farcticox1
Sergeant
Sergeant

Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:46 am

Any pictures yet or is it still being designed.
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:04 am

Welcome to the forum!

Are you regulating the CO2 or using it at full pressure?

If you want something off-the-shelf that is reasonably priced, a Quick Exhaust Valve is your best bet.

some eBay links:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-SMC-NAQ500 ... SwLq1f1SNp

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1pcs-Quick-Exh ... Sw-INa0ByX

You will need to bring the CO2 pressure to about 300-400 psi for safety reasons and the pressure should compensate for the low valve seat diameter compared to the t-shirt bore.

The challenge would be the exhaust valve to actuate the QEV. Solenoid Valves are expensive for higher pressures, you could consider using a slide check valve hooked up to a servo, this would do double duty of firing the QEV as well as cutting off CO2 flow from the main tank.
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
ClaytonM223
Recruit
Recruit
United States of America

Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:35 am

We are still designing the robot and we plan to regulate the CO₂ before it goes into a accumulator tank