Iron Fury

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
drac
Corporal 4
Corporal 4
United States of America

Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:39 pm

Been a while since I used metal for a gun, so I went and blew 40 bucks on various parts, and came up with this: http://ironcannon.mypicgallery.com/

The chambers are dual 12x 1 1/4 pipe nipples, and the barrel is a 1/2 x 36 inch black iron nipple. Almost everything on the gun is black iron, except for the tees and reducer bushing. I'll get some video up soon, but tekcities needs to get back up before i can.

I might try to get a CO2 reg off ebay so I can fill it to about 2-300. All I can say is that the thing is loud as hell. I shot it dry once, and it made this screeching noise. I'm gonna paint this thing, but I'm still debating as to which color I should paint it. I'm open to suggestions.

Oh, and the reason my cat was in those pics is because the piece of paneling on the table saw (where I put my guns for photographs) is his favorite resting spot. I don't think he likes the gun though. Whenever I dry fire in the house, it drives him nuts.
drac
Corporal 4
Corporal 4
United States of America

Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:38 pm

Nobody? :(
Cumon people, comment my guns! :P
beebs111
Corporal 4
Corporal 4

Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:35 am

looks nice, if u ever want to modify it, u should put an a deltrol qev they work wonders.
fred_roux
Private 3
Private 3

Sat Oct 15, 2005 6:50 pm

Nice gun!

You could try to make a pneumatic ram to open the ball valve.
like this one: http://leckemby.net/spudwerx/spudchucker1.html

This way it will open quick and still be able to suport high pressure.