my first combustion gun

Boom! The classic potato gun harnesses the combustion of flammable vapor. Show us your combustion spud gun and discuss fuels, ratios, safety, ignition systems, tools, and more.
dtauman
Recruit
Recruit

Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:06 am

:D :) this is my fist gun it simple just 2ft of three inch pvc pipe, and 2ft of two inch pvc pipe{the barrel}, a female drianage cap, and a male cap, and a 3inch to two inch conveter. if u have any comennts or q's that i can anwser let me know :D :)
Attachments
the bbq lighter setup {built into male drainage cap}
the bbq lighter setup {built into male drainage cap}
picture of a bolt into barrel to stop spud from entering the chamber
picture of a bolt into barrel to stop spud from entering the chamber
my final spud gun
my final spud gun
Atlantis
Corporal 5
Corporal 5

Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:43 am

I wish people would stop posting such standard cannons. A word of advice on your ignition, endcap ignitions have been known to shoot off the back because of the thinner PVC. After your reducer get a male and female adapter, (male on the barrel) and you can screw the barrel off, stab a potato into the breech, screw it back on, no ram rod needed. The male adapter on mine cuts potaoes nicely and airtight.
Rambo
Corporal
Corporal

Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:30 am

Baecause I know that all these pictures cost pc guy money.How cool must be something to be posted?I hava lots of unposted guns that are just not very impresive.
drac
Corporal 4
Corporal 4
United States of America

Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:49 am

I agree, most of the guns I post look like crap, and so do a lot of other ones. This gun is good, it looks good, and is functional. I could care less about appearance as long as it functions well.

Rambo, I for one happen to be impressed with your guns, because they use a fuel source that not many people would think of. They are inginuitive and creative.

So what if this is a basic cannon? It works doesn't it? And I for one happen to like green paint. For a first combustion it's a great build.

I do agree though, get a different ignitor though, becuase that could blow out on you.
Hitler_the_spud
Private 2
Private 2

Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:55 pm

sigh leave people alone people they feel goo to have support and great cannons arent build instantly you know they go farthere and farther... :x
Obctg
Private 2
Private 2

Tue May 09, 2006 8:15 pm

awsome spudgun. ignore what atlantis siad, he's just jealous!!!

one problem:
ignition in endcap= bad idea
mike4567
Private 2
Private 2

Thu May 11, 2006 9:58 am

i have my ignition in end cap..i use a coleman lantern sparker and ive fired it about 25 times using axe spray and no problems with the ignition in the back..