DBC (Just Throw It In the Bag)

Boom! The classic potato gun harnesses the combustion of flammable vapor. Show us your combustion spud gun and discuss fuels, ratios, safety, ignition systems, tools, and more.
mark.f
Sergeant Major 4
Sergeant Major 4
Eritrea

Donating Members

Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:34 pm

Duffel Bag Combustion

I've had this made for quite some time, it was just igniter and fan-less. Figured I'd fix it up real quick this weekend and get it shooting for tomorrow.

It's just your standard combustion that's been made collapsible. A lot of credit goes to Gort's travel combustion, I basically just added another thread-on barrel segment.

I also added a camping fan and lantern igniter. Fueling is done by cracking the cap and hosing in propane/air with a torch.

Specs
3x15" chamber
1.5 SDR-21x36" barrel
Fuel: propane/butane
IMG_0315.JPG
IMG_0309.JPG
IMG_0313.JPG
IMG_0314.JPG
IMG_0310.JPG
Right before I took these pictures one of the fan blades fell off. I designed it to where the fan would fold up and stick into the back of the barrel, but one of the blades likes to come off if it's done roughly. I also rigged the wire at the back up because the back cover is a little too tight and is scratching the insulation off the back of one of the batteries, and then pressing the negative side and the uncovered positive "terminal".
IMG_0311.JPG
The blade(s) aren't moving in this picture because they're jammed into the back of the barrel.
IMG_0312.JPG
That's it! Still working on my other project at the moment, just took a little time out to finish this one.
CS

Donating Members

Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:11 am

Noice!

Just a good old fashioned combustion with a couple of twists, nicely done might I add. BTW a guitar bag makes a good non suspecting carrying case. A tear just ran down my face, reminds me of a build you would find on SpudTech. :p

Only in retrospect am I realizing that Gort was quite the clever guy. Like putting 3" fittings inside of 4" pipe.

+rep
mark.f
Sergeant Major 4
Sergeant Major 4
Eritrea

Donating Members

Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:07 am

CS wrote:Just a good old fashioned combustion with a couple of twists, nicely done might I add.
Thanks! That's all I was attempting here.
CS wrote:BTW a guitar bag makes a good non suspecting carrying case.
:p
CS wrote:Only in retrospect am I realizing that Gort was quite the clever guy. Like putting 3" fittings inside of 4" pipe.
Gort was pretty clever when it came to putting things together in uncommon ways. He built a company that stayed in business for a good while with only a wood lathe. :wink:
CS wrote:+rep
Cheers!
STHORNE
Sergeant 3
Sergeant 3

Donating Members

Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:42 pm

I love the "compact concept". I hope you have a conceal and carry permit to go along with that ;)

I think this has some Real potential given the right mix of tender lovin's and sweat. Maybe a clean paint job and a meter?

Just my thoughts :) good job!
Forum Rules - follow them or else!
“Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence”
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:24 pm

Another one out of the woodwork :)
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
jrrdw
United States of America

Donating Members

Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:10 pm

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:Another one out of the woodwork :)
Don't you check your email? hehehe
mark.f
Sergeant Major 4
Sergeant Major 4
Eritrea

Donating Members

Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:51 pm

STHORNE posting about one of my builds?
pg83q.jpg
pg83q.jpg (78.9 KiB) Viewed 3752 times
:D