New Golf Balls or Used Golf Balls

Boom! The classic potato gun harnesses the combustion of flammable vapor. Show us your combustion spud gun and discuss fuels, ratios, safety, ignition systems, tools, and more.
WilsonMat
Recruit
Recruit

Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:21 am

Hello All,

Which one is better new or used golf balls ? I have found two sites for used golf balls like lostgolfballs.com and golfballhogs.com. Please tell me if you know any other good site ?
jrrdw
United States of America

Donating Members

Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:46 am

WilsonMat wrote:Which one is better new or used golf balls ?
That's a good dam question! I can only ponder if a driver smashes the balls out of balance thus disturbing the flight. I think any visable defects/flaws would effect flight...
mobile chernobyl
Corporal 3
Corporal 3
United States of America

Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:59 am

Used for sure!

Most of the time if you are going through the trouble of buying them (and not just salvaging them for free by the bucket full by walking the perimeter of your local golf course) the person selling them will not include ones that have major blemishes - such as nicks from the lawn mower.

Most of the people selling them are doing exactly what I said above - salvaging them for free by the bucket full by walking the perimeter of a golf course.

The golf balls I use have all been obtained this way and work great at approximately 1500 feet per second or faster!
Gleedaniel13
Private 2
Private 2

Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:00 am

Hello All,

Which one is better new or used golf balls ? I have found two sites for used golf balls like lostgolfballs.com and golfballhogs.com. Please tell me if you know any other good site ?
For me, I think it is better to use the new ones :lol:
Technician1002
Captain
Captain

Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:49 pm

Since I typicaly get only one shot per ball, definately used. Free preferable.