help!!

Boom! The classic potato gun harnesses the combustion of flammable vapor. Show us your combustion spud gun and discuss fuels, ratios, safety, ignition systems, tools, and more.
pyrojon
Recruit
Recruit

Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:24 pm

Hello I just made my first potato cannon out of PVC.. Anyway it shot the first couple times fine I use a grill ignitor and aquanet hairspray. Just last night it shot around 4 potato's and stopped fireing.??? I blow the chamber out when I'm done but it just wouldn't work. I let it sit for 3 hours... Still no fire. I tried using axe
It didn't work. It did but after 15 presses of the button and it shot 50ft.???? What is happening and how can it be fixed... PS.... The spark works
jrrdw
United States of America

Donating Members

Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:57 am

How wide is the spark gap? Are the contacts getting gummed up? Are you running a chamber fan? Are you metering the fuel or just spraying it in there?
pyrojon
Recruit
Recruit

Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:29 pm

They spark is fine.. I tried it early today and it shot. But sometimes the aquanet won't work so I blow it out use Axe and THUMP it shoots. And no I'm not using a chamber fan I have old computer fans I could use but I haven't intalled them and I'm just spraying it in
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:29 pm

Stop mucking around with hairspray.

[youtube][/youtube]

hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life