Building a 150 or 200 mm foam ball larp cannon

Boom! The classic potato gun harnesses the combustion of flammable vapor. Show us your combustion spud gun and discuss fuels, ratios, safety, ignition systems, tools, and more.
EverGreed
Recruit
Recruit

Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:12 am

Greetings from Israel,

I think i managed to put it all in the title, but here's what i'm looking to build or get help with.
I've been asked to build a larp cannon that will shot one of the two optional size foam balls as a safe projectile.
Since I want to achieve a distance of at least 50 meters (around 55 yards) or greater with a very light but quite big projectile I came up with two options both involve a pvc pipe as a barrel for better accuracy. (The other option is using a theraband gold).

Problems I might have and need the help and knowledge you guys have are:
1. Same size chamber and barrel, is it an option? the barrel would be quite big, 6 or 7.5 inches depending on the ball size.
Bear in mind that the ball must not catch flames while leaving the barrel. :D
2. Achieving that distance with light foam balls. Since it is a larp and the cannon purpose is shooting at castle walls I still want to make sure no one come in harms way if he accidentally get hit by it. For that reason I can't and wouldn't add any weight to the balls.
link to a similar ball.
https://www.palossports.com/store/prodd ... 7/file.htm

Any ideas, thoughts and suggestions would be much appreciated.
Thank you very much in advance.