The Coronator - Pure mechanical combustion NERF Blaster

Boom! The classic potato gun harnesses the combustion of flammable vapor. Show us your combustion spud gun and discuss fuels, ratios, safety, ignition systems, tools, and more.
Hessenbanger
Private
Private
Germany

Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:40 am

IMG_20200414_151303.jpg
I ever had the problem, to get the mostly perfect mixture of a Butane Torch inside the combustion chamber with a loaded and seled Barrel, and sealing the way back after ignition WITHOUT using electronics.
So, its very simple: You need 2 valves in this simple system and a little overdimensioned combustion chamber ( the pressure shuts first the valves and then the pressure has only one way: out of the barrel.
The first valve is simply a blowback valve. it closes in one direction. It is diagonal, because it only shuts of for a very short time. mostly open.
The second valve ( i will add pictures) is a simple valve, that shuts at overpressure. Its open for leaving the mixture in, but once there is pressure after ignition, it closes. This 2 Valves are the miracle.
It is very loud. And you can see on the pictures: the most darts explode and only the rubber hits^^ Foam works like a shell^^
I will make Video outside.
mark.f
Sergeant Major 4
Sergeant Major 4
Eritrea

Donating Members

Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:40 am

Nice, but we're gonna need some more pictures to explain what's going on here. ;)