Valvegun

Boom! The classic potato gun harnesses the combustion of flammable vapor. Show us your combustion spud gun and discuss fuels, ratios, safety, ignition systems, tools, and more.
Hessenbanger
Private
Private
Germany

Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:16 pm

My new toy. It shots nerf darts and everything attached to a dart. The Problem with the "uncompressable" venturi mix is solved by some valves. .
The first valve is a one way valve operatet by gravity. from there the mix goes in the Chamber. it is coaxial in the T-Piece. there is a 1/2 inch steeltube inside. The mix can be filled even if the barrel is loaded, because of the Garden-Stop Valve used as a overpressure valve. It is open during loading the chamber. in the moment of the shot, the pressure forces it to close immediately and all powe goes to the barrel. simple but effective. theoretically i coul use the short pressure impulse through the "waste" pressure for semiauto? dont know. Im happy with this single shot fungun. 12sec loading will pierce 2cm Wood. 18sec loading pierces 169 pages of a book incl. cover. its the impulse i think. this short change of pressure.
it can shoot "shootgunshells" to, filled with softairammo. but i think it would be the first deadly softair^^. So i will only use it inside the house.
Attachments
Ok . Nails metal too^^
Ok . Nails metal too^^
IMG_20210420_202340.jpg
20210421_183959.jpg
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sun May 02, 2021 7:55 am

Very post-apocalyptic, I like it :D
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life