Complete Plans for Advanced Combustion

Boom! The classic potato gun harnesses the combustion of flammable vapor. Show us your combustion spud gun and discuss fuels, ratios, safety, ignition systems, tools, and more.
zeigs spud
Corporal 2
Corporal 2

Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:41 pm

those arn't really advanced plans just highly detailed and yeah it would work it's been made many times.
Pete Zaria
Corporal 5
Corporal 5

Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:28 am

zeigs spud wrote:those arn't really advanced plans just highly detailed and yeah it would work it's been made many times.
Thus, "Complete Plans"... and IMO, direct metered propane injection, stungun, over/under configuration with breech loading, removable control box, etc... seems reasonably "advanced" for a combustion gun made from plumbing parts :) Plus, these plans aren't for the forum patrons - they already know all this stuff - these plans are for the n00bs that are constantly asking common questions. This document pretty well explains how to build the gun, start to finish. That's why they're unique, and why I wrote it up. If you have any comments or suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

Anyway, the one thing I need to add to the plans is that you shouldn't glue on the fan-side bell reducer. It should be secured with several screws to allow access to the chamber, in case of maintenance needs. I'll try to update the zip file ( http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/download.php?id=2949& ) sometime soon.

I'm planning on building this design with a 10ft golf ball barrel right after the holidays.

Peace,
Pete Zaria.
CpTn_lAw
Corporal 5
Corporal 5

Sat May 19, 2007 6:05 am

i was wondering, have you guys seen the biiiiiig ptato canon named "BOSEN"?
you can see it here, and search for other videos sent by the author?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdFK5eVmZ3o
"J'mets mes pieds où j'veux, et c'est souvent dans la gueule."
VirusX
Private 3
Private 3

Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:50 am

Whats the easiest way to get access to the chamber without using 2 or 3 more fittings?
I'm sorry, my English is not so good but I'll try my best!
Crna Legija
First Sergeant 2
First Sergeant 2

Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:08 am

a round be of wood and screws. not safe but easy, but seursly not sure what they are called but it makes the chamber have theads on the back and you put a cap in it only have 2 part. that or a ball valve it would cost lots more if you wanna put a spud thru it tho

and check the date before you post this is 4 years old
'' To alcohol... The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.”
--Homer Simpson

Add me on ps3: wannafuk, 8/11/11 cant wait
Pete Zaria
Corporal 5
Corporal 5

Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:18 am

A cleanout cap is probably the easiest way to access the chamber, but it makes venting between shots more difficult (as opposed to the ball valve in the design, which makes venting the chamber very easy).

You know this is a several year old thread, right?

Peace,
Pete Zaria.
Mckenny87sj
Recruit
Recruit

Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:07 am

Nice guns bro, and i have the same question about the pressure too
KannonKing
Private 2
Private 2
United States of America

Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:27 pm

sgort87 wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:23 pm
The fan should be placed on the other side of the spark gap or it is at large risk of being blown apart.
Fan at the back is problematic? Mine is mounted about 2 inches from the rear, never had a problem or had to replace it...
mark.f
Sergeant Major 4
Sergeant Major 4
Eritrea

Donating Members

Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:15 pm

KannonKing wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:27 pm
sgort87 wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:23 pm
The fan should be placed on the other side of the spark gap or it is at large risk of being blown apart.
Fan at the back is problematic? Mine is mounted about 2 inches from the rear, never had a problem or had to replace it...
Sgort has been gone for several years. Last I checked his channel on youtube had all his cannon videos removed and replaced with minecraft videos. :roll:
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:20 pm

mark.f wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:15 pm
Last I checked his channel on youtube had all his cannon videos removed and replaced with minecraft videos. :roll:
Damn the easy dosing of dopamine online that keeps us sedated and away from real world improvement.

I hit 1,000,000 karma on one of my reddit accounts recently and it was a bit of a wake-up call but that didn't last, the productivity black hole just draws you back in.
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life