Harley launcher

Boom! The classic potato gun harnesses the combustion of flammable vapor. Show us your combustion spud gun and discuss fuels, ratios, safety, ignition systems, tools, and more.
drac
Corporal 4
Corporal 4
United States of America

Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:01 pm

I finally got my Harley Davidson Tribute finished today. It's been sitting in my workshop gathering dust for about a month, so i decided to finish it. The chamber is 24 inches of 4 inch PVc, bnut it also has the 4 inch wye. The barrel is 2 feet of 2 inch, for about a 3:1 ratio. i haven't fired it yet because it's still drying after the glue. I can tell you one thing though, it is a BEAST to hold. my arms are 37 inches long and i have a problem holding it. I have to rest it on a stand to get the ignitor. I initially had a problem soldering the wire to the sparkplug, so I got out the old torch and used copper solder to attach the wires, along with ghettolicious electric tape. The quick vent allows for a propane meter to be attached, and to vent it using the compressor. In all this project cost me about 150 bucks, more than I intended but i totally love the way it came out. Lemme know what you think of it.

http://hdlauncher.mypicgallery.com/
iamthewalrus
Corporal
Corporal

Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:00 pm

would making the combustion go through that bend effect proformance with restriction or anything?? but it is a very gettolicious cannon
i got connections with the modfia, watch who ur talkin to noob.

talk to me on AIM at iamthwalrus3
spudshot
Sergeant
Sergeant

Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:32 am

it'll lower performance a little bit, but not much to be noticable