Some quick questions

Harness the power of precision mixtures of pressurized flammable vapor. Safety first! These are advanced potato guns - not for the beginner.
Lockednloaded
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
United States of America

Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:45 pm

I could get a pics of the innards and a tape measure for refrence (I don't have calipers) as well as a picture of the diaphragm

:EDIT:
Is spark placement extremely important in piston hybrids?
I love lamp
ramses
Staff Sergeant 2
Staff Sergeant 2
United States of America

Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:37 pm

the SA ratio is perhaps around 1:2 (larger pilot), so the valve will open at about twice pressure un-ignited. So if you give it 10x, the valve will open at about 300 PSI.

It is impossible to convert QEV's (or at least the ones I've seen) to chamber sealing because the EQ port is the fact that the diaphragm does not seal on the outside, only on the barrel port.

The popoff on the back of would help keep the diaphragm from slamming against it's seat, but it is light and rubber, so I don't see the point. It can't hurt, though, and might protect you somewhat if your pilot were to ignite.

spark placement should be reasonably far away from the fuel inlet, otherwise you may have fuel mixing issues (ask me how I know). :D :D
POLAND_SPUD wrote:even if there was no link I'd know it's a bot because of female name :D
Lockednloaded
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
United States of America

Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:27 pm

It is possible to make some QEVs chamber sealing, but the one i plan to use is not able to be modded for chamber sealing.

At the end of my chamber i plan to have a tee with my spark plug and BV vent.

side note:
no part of this project seems to be cheap, so this gun may not even be complete by the end of fall
Last edited by Lockednloaded on Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I love lamp
Gun Freak
Lieutenant 5
Lieutenant 5

Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:52 pm

It is possible, BtB has done it.
OG Anti-Hybrid
One man's trash is a true Spudder's treasure!
Golf Ball Cannon "Superna"M16 BBMGPengunHammer Valve Airsoft SniperHigh Pressure .22 Coax
Holy Shat!