dark side of Mjöllnir

Harness the power of precision mixtures of pressurized flammable vapor. Safety first! These are advanced potato guns - not for the beginner.
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:58 am

The chamber does have a rather high aspect ratio but as long as it's smooth inside I would not be concerned about DDT. As to fuel mixing, since you're injecting pressurised air into the thing this should also not be an issue.
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
chaos cannon
Private
Private

Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:16 pm

Would this work for the pilot valve http://www.supplyhouse.com/Watts-012162 ... -Lead-Free
Go big or go home.
If its worth doing its worth over doing
MrCrowley

Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:25 pm

I assume it wouldn't have enough flow but it could work. Others have used much smaller pop-off valves and just deal with premature piston closure.
chaos cannon
Private
Private

Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:08 pm

Well I'm sorry to say that mjöllnir's dark twin will be a burst disk cannon for a small time while I work on casting and machining a piston (after I get the foundation for my lathe poured and the lathe set up) this weekend I acquired the last (I hope ) pieces and assembled the cannon. Had problems with my spark plug tap and then just upped the size. Then had to get another stun gun transformer because my 10m volt one burned itself up with internal arcing. I assembled the fueling manifold and am now working on the barrel and the ignition system. Trying to figure out burst disk materials and layers (my weak computer skills can't seem to get hgdt to run) then comes the pressure test and marrying the ignition system to the cannon. I still need to figure out how I'm going to cram that wireless half into the project box. Pics will hopefully come around sometime tomorrow. And until store gets the 2"x1.5" or the 2"x1.75 bushings the barrel will be either 7or 8 feet if 1.25" emt conduit.

Edit: also got my hands on a ~25 cubic foot o2 bottle for the high mix gun that's in the works. gotta find a welder qualled on pressure vessel welding. I got the gear to do it just not the skills or confidence.
Go big or go home.
If its worth doing its worth over doing