Small semi automatic hybrid project

Harness the power of precision mixtures of pressurized flammable vapor. Safety first! These are advanced potato guns - not for the beginner.
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:51 am

hectmarr wrote:I think that with little gas could stretch the spring that works with traction, in this case.
Just make sure you have a bumper to limit the travel distance, otherwise your poor spring might be stretched out...
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:32 am

Yes, you are absolutely right.
They are all options ... I will try to build it in this way, with the integrated pneumatic actuator. Save space, which is important. This is the definitive design. I leave two drawings to be understood. :D
There is a small error in the drawing. A lock must be added to the slider.
PD:
My wife will be happy to end this topic :shock:
Attachments
Sistema carga con retención y actuador neumático integrado 1.png
Sistema carga con retención y actuador neumático integrado 1.png (13.03 KiB) Viewed 9863 times
Sistema carga con retención y actuador neumático integrado 2.png
Sistema carga con retención y actuador neumático integrado 2.png (11.71 KiB) Viewed 9863 times
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:36 am

This is how the construction of the loading system with retention for the HA-SA 1 is now.
I have done some tests and the problem is that the pneumatic actuator is sodomized :shock: by the explosion pressure. I mean it makes you go back to the position of "loading" ammo, although not totally. I'll see what simple solution I can produce :roll:
Attachments
Sistcargaretención 3.JPG
Sistcargaretención.JPG
Sistcargaretención 2.JPG
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:05 pm

hectmarr wrote:the problem is that the pneumatic actuator is sodomized :shock: by the explosion pressure.
:D

I love these little translation quirks... in English it would be more common to say "screwed" ;)

Remember that while the effective area is smaller, the pressure in the chamber is a lot higher than your pneumatic actuation...
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:17 pm

little translation quirks...
This time it was intentionally, because that is what the agave does to the piston of the pneumatic actuator! I have felt it that way. :)
Seriously, I'm going to incorporate a small lock operated by the compressed air to lock the slide at the time of the shot, I do not see another exit.
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:34 am

You could almost have a rotating bolt like a real firearm...

hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:48 am

Interesting mechanism, and very useful, only that it seems a bit difficult to build.
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:04 am

I have finished the new ammunition loading system with adjustable retention, and it has been successfully tested. The energy of the shot increased a lot. On the other hand, it has no gas losses, and it does not get stuck, which is the most important thing. The gas generator is the HA-SA I, updated with the new system.
I have built a new firing cannon, which has been born better than the others. The firing barrel has a length of 20 ", previously it was 17". I shot it 20-25 times and everything ok.
The pneumatic actuator to move the slide is located below the firing barrel, and is more comfortable.
I have not been able to integrate it into the system because the motorcycle shock absorber tubes, 17 mm inside diameter, are not long enough to do so. They have 170 mm of length, and I need at least 220 mm. :x In the future I will solve this issue.
I still have to finish this weapon, perfect the outside a bit and paint. I have not had time to do this because I am working on the loading system that I present here. Later it will be.
I leave some images of the system and soon upload an operation video. :)
Attachments
HA-SA 1.JPG
HA-SA I, (2).JPG
HA-SA I, (3).JPG
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:28 pm

Looks great!
I still have to finish this weapon, perfect the outside a bit and paint. I have not had time to do this because I am working on the loading system that I present here
The fact that it works makes it already beautiful ;) looking forward to the video!
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Mon May 13, 2019 10:32 am

Well, I have to build this weapon again, because the one I presented earlier, is a design test, but I have not yet taken advantage of these ideas. What I have achieved is that it works correctly, only part of the work that this project needs.
The first problem to solve: The solenoid valve that I can get, only supports up to 7 bar, :x and I need to compress the new design to at least 9 bar ...
I have seen infinity of solenoid valves 5/2 12 volts and none exceeds 8 bar maximum pressure. It is clear that if I submit it to that maximum pressure, it will not last long, as it did with one of the two that I have.
I must look for something that does the same, but that supports about 10 bar without problems ... thinking about this basic question. :roll:
For the rest, the future semi automatic hybrid is an HA-IV, without the air pump, in replacement of this, it will have an external deposit or aboard the weapon, to compress.
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Tue May 14, 2019 7:40 pm

How about electric servos opening ball valves instead :D

It worked with 55 bar for my sentry gun project, using quite small servos... and you're a RC man, this should be second nature to you ;)

[youtube][/youtube]
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Tue May 14, 2019 8:43 pm

I had already seen this beautiful project of yours. For my country, I should replace the weapon with a 40-caliber firearm or more, because criminals do not use less than 9mm caliber weapons :shock:
It could be an option, what you tell me, the use of servo motors, (I have all sorts of them), and simple valves combined.
I have to think of something as small as possible, maybe with two cooling valves working together ... driven by a small electric motor, which can move in both directions of rotation, or a servomotor.
I refer to two three-way valves working inverted, it is possible, in my opinion, that they fulfill the same function as a 5/2 valve, which is what I need for design reasons. I have to draw a picture of this. These valves support 20 bar without problems, (the coolizantes), and are smooth to move.
I'm thinking calmly, and trying to generate options as simple as possible. We will see how this continues. :roll:
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Wed May 15, 2019 2:54 pm

A simple option is the following.
Three small collision valves, associated with the dispenser as shown in the diagram.
They work like this:

Gas charge
1- open
2- open
3- closed

Compression of the mixture
1- closed
2- closed
3- open

The two states would be controlled by a small electric motor. Being balanced valves, they are very soft to open and close with working pressure. Apart from this, the travel is less than in the ball valves, which are harder to move. The motor would operate for 1 second, no more, to charge the gas, and then a spring would return to the compression position of the mixture. Tell me your opinion about this :roll:
Attachments
sistema semiauto.png
sistema semiauto.png (15.21 KiB) Viewed 8562 times
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Sun May 19, 2019 12:20 pm

I've thought about this, that it can work.
The system has only one three-way collision valve, which is used in the air output of the domestic compressor. The system can be driven by a servo motor, or a small electric motor. I need to investigate a simple electronic circuit, which is activated for 1 second and then deactivated. If someone can tell me one, it will be very useful for me, because I have no knowledge of electronics, very little ... :?
The activation operation is initiated when the switch is activated by the auxiliary rod that goes unique to the piston of the combustion chamber, in the same way that I have been doing. Once the timer cuts off the electricity, a spring returns everything to the firing position.
The system has no solenoid valve, and can raise the operating pressure of 9 or 10 bar, my solenoid valve does not stand for long, but that the small valve three-way sliding supports perfectly, I've tried this.
This is the drawing and a simple animation, You have to enlarge the image to see it. I do not know how to make it look directly on the post .
Compressed air - blue
Butane gas - red
burnt gases - brown
Attachments
Unidad dosificadora para híbrido con depósito de aire.png
ezgif.com-optimize.gif
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Mon May 20, 2019 4:14 am

Me gusta!

I need to investigate a simple electronic circuit, which is activated for 1 second and then deactivated.
This 8-legged beast is your friend :D

Here it is used to make an LED flash.