Small semi automatic hybrid project

Harness the power of precision mixtures of pressurized flammable vapor. Safety first! These are advanced potato guns - not for the beginner.
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:30 pm

This is the block diagram of the test installation. It has some details
the combustion chamber and the piston valve, for clarity. Is not a
pneumatic diagram, because there are people who do not understand this and my idea is that all
people can understand. If not, feel free to let me know and I will try
to expand and explain more clearly.
The timer consisting of a 12-volt relay in the coil is controlled by
an electrolytic capacitor of 2200 Uf. He is in charge of keeping the electrovlala activated
5/2 to allow time for the output of excess gas from the dispenser - "E" gas injector.
The more capacity the capacitor has, the longer the solenoid valve is activated,
as necessary. The contact that activates the solenoid valve is actually a push button
which is "pressed" when the piston rod that sweeps the burnt gases from the chamber
of combustion is in the position of "volume 0 combustion chamber", totally clean.
I have contributed a couple of photos of the timer and the contact.
Attachments
Híbrido semi automátido-diagrama general y referencias.png
Híbrido semi automátido-diagrama general y referencias.png (17.72 KiB) Viewed 4906 times
Referencias diagrama.png
Referencias diagrama.png (32.3 KiB) Viewed 4906 times
Contacto activación electroválvula.JPG
Temporizador.JPG
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:05 pm

If you told me it was an underground nuclear installation I would have believed you :D

Translated the key in English for clarity as most members would not understand, items 1,2 and 3 are check/one way valves:
hectmarrsemiautodiagram.png
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:04 pm

My daughter says it's a weapon crushes fingers for armagedon! Thank you very much Jack for translating the references and joining the two diagrams. It was excellent!
The bad news is that he hit me with an airsoft ammunition in the groin ... about 30 cm away. It almost castrates me ... It hurts like a demon :x Occupational hazards".
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:08 pm

I'm guessing she doesn't want any more brothers and sisters!

Stay safe out there :D
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:14 pm

Wear carbon and kevlar underwear :)
farcticox1
Sergeant
Sergeant

Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:19 pm

why would you point it in that direction :shock:
8a45f2c844aa27a03792cd6ae8381adb--self-defense-photo-reference.jpg
8a45f2c844aa27a03792cd6ae8381adb--self-defense-photo-reference.jpg (26.84 KiB) Viewed 4881 times
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:35 pm

Good question ! jajajajajajaja :bounce: Speaking of "because", it happens that the work table has the right height to give me "there" where it hurts most, and I have everything armed on top of it. Better not get in the way ... :roll:
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:57 am

After a few more tests, the person responsible for making the combustion weapons of all kinds worked, the heat appeared. I did 20 cycles of the small hybrid one after the other, without pauses, as in the video, but 20 times and the combustion chamber gets very hot, :x it is not possible to touch it with the hand. I calculate about 120ºC about 250ºF. I destroy the o ring and it was all stuck. I have already replaced it with a new one. He also burned the rubber disk of the valve piston. It's going to be a problem to keep the whole gun at a not too high temperature. I'm thinking of a cooling system for the future.
It is clear that if you increase the speed of the cycles, everything will get very hot quickly.
The metal does not have time to dissipate the heat of combustion of each cycle, and this accumulates. Basically, with the speed of the augmented cycles it could fire bursts, I imagine that if you insist on firing, this would turn red. It is like that.
It occurs to me to go around the combustion chamber with another tube and pass water ... :? Air is more complicated because I need to save it to the maximum, only to burn it. Otherwise I will have to resort to a compressed air tank at very high pressure or very large, I do not know
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:36 am

You must be the first amateur spudder in history to encounter this problem!

Liquid cooling is one option but shouldn't you consider finned heat sinks first?

Something like the alloy extrusions made for electronic systems?

hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:38 am

I'm trying this variant, which has no piston barre burned gases. The combustion chamber is cleaned with a little air, (I'm determining the right amount absolutely necessary), which apart from cleaning the whole cooling the whole. The solenoid valve alternates between injecting the dose of gas and compressed air, in the "norm" position, I mean NO avtivated, and the other position that is when it lets air pass through the chamber.
"C", is a pneumatic actuator that moves with the explosion pressure, and returns to its position by a hard spring. It can not be opened when the hybrid is compressed because the spring is regulated to yield to about 8 bar, and being the 2.5X test hybrid ... it works correctly. This actuator activates the electro valve just after the explosion, decompressing the pilot of the piston valve, and releasing the pressure in the gas injector - doser, so that the piston of the latter backs off. That's where it loads the gas and lets out the surplus.
It seems to me that with this technique and an aluminum divider, the stored heat could be greatly reduced. The problem is that it consumes air. Nothing is perfect.
The timer gives a fragment more time with a 3300 Uf capacitor, which is the time during which the cleaning and cooling air passes through the combustion chamber.
The piston valve is very simple, and different from the other experiment. Actually much easier and faster to do. It does not have a ring or the valve or the combustion chamber, so they can not burn !! 8)
This is the diagram of variant 1. I'll leave here the video of its operation.
Attachments
Híbrido semi auto variante 2, I.png
Híbrido semi auto variante 2, I.png (16.16 KiB) Viewed 4808 times
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:42 am

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:You must be the first amateur spudder in history to encounter this problem!

Liquid cooling is one option but shouldn't you consider finned heat sinks first?

Something like the alloy extrusions made for electronic systems?

What happens Jack is that if you shoot often, this heat problem is inevitable. In my small autonomous hybrid, in both models, the time interval between each shot is at least 40 seconds approximately. In this experiment it is much less ...
Yes, a heat sink of this type added to the technique of sweeping the gases burned with air, in my opinion would be enough to reduce heat significantly. Thanks for the support, it is very useful for me. :)
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:54 pm

I tried the variant of the second diagram, to see if the heat decreases and luckily it worked :bounce: :bounce: The system is no longer heated so much and as I explained in the previous post, having no o'rings, the problem would be solved. I'm making a small video to share with you, for clarity. The air passage time of cooling and cleaning is about 3 seconds, to start. We will see until when you can shorten this time to improve the operation.
What I am planning to try next is to pressurize the combustion and cooling chamber cleaning air. Directly, when the combustion chamber is compressed, a certain amount of air is stored in a small tank. After the explosion, this volume of air is released inside the c. of comb. If it worked, it would shorten the time. I will leave here a picture of this idea.
On the other hand, I'm looking for the aluminum heatsink, to improve cooling.
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:47 pm

Here I leave the video and the outline, of the variant that does not present major problems with the heat. I'm working with 2.2 bar, just to test the concept. In the future, when I decide the weapon that I will build with this information, I will publish the news. regards

[youtube][/youtube]
Attachments
Híbrido semi auto I, variante 2.png
Híbrido semi auto I, variante 2.png (22.47 KiB) Viewed 4699 times
farcticox1
Sergeant
Sergeant

Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:23 pm

bfg_for_real.jpg
bfg_for_real.jpg (21.3 KiB) Viewed 4691 times
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:59 pm

farcticox1 wrote:
bfg_for_real.jpg
The post is called: SMALL hybrid bla, bla bla ... :roll: Although I'm thinking of something bigger, like what you show me :shock: :)