1/4 "hybrid short gun

Harness the power of precision mixtures of pressurized flammable vapor. Safety first! These are advanced potato guns - not for the beginner.
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:34 am

I'm going to try but without water. I'm sure it will muffle shooting noises a lot. Thank you !
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:37 am

The water would help with a hybrid too. The gasses are at high pressure partly because of the heat generated by combustion and the water absorbs a lot of that heat, dropping the pressure as a result.
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:52 pm

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:The water would help with a hybrid too. The gasses are at high pressure partly because of the heat generated by combustion and the water absorbs a lot of that heat, dropping the pressure as a result.
Ok I understand. It is a little complicated to use liquid for the maneuver of air - gas loading, because the weapon moves a lot, but I will try it anyway.
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:23 am

hectmarr wrote:Ok I understand. It is a little complicated to use liquid for the maneuver of air - gas loading, because the weapon moves a lot, but I will try it anyway.
Alternatively you can pack it with copper scouring pads swabbed with lithium grease, though then it would help if you inserted a central tube with holes to keep the mesh out of the bullet path.

If you're in a more professional mood and you have a church tower nearby visit your local mechanic for some parts and make a proper baffled suppressor ;)
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:25 am

Even the muffler was painted! MacGyver does not exist after seeing this.
Yes. I will definitely build one with a spring, scourer of metal shavings and a tube. :D
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:09 pm

I made a modification to this short weapon. I have tried to include an adjustable holding o`ring and I have added a manual ammunition loading system. Also, I added 10 cm of firing cannon.
The result is that power has increased a lot. I'm working at 5.5X and everything else is the same as before, I mean the spring, the volume of the combustion chamber and the amount of butane gas.
Before, he was drilling two soup can discs and now drills 4 and almost a fifth. The shots were made from distances of 3 meters, in both cases. and with the same ammunition of 1/4 "steel.
Of the modifications, the most important thing is the inclusion of retention, which is responsible for the increase in power. I will include this technique in my other weapons that fire lead or steel BBs.
It is a test weapon, to try different things, that is why I keep it active, and for this reason it is all untidy. The aesthetic objective is not :oops:
I leave some photos of the modifications and the effect.
Attachments
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:46 pm

That's an impressive increase in performance!
hectmarr wrote:The aesthetic objective is not :oops:
It's got a certain post-apocalyptic aesthetic and is beautiful in her own way ;)

In English we say "pretty is as pretty does", it's the opposite of "no basta con serlo, hay que parecerlo"

I really wish you had received the chrono to be able to quantify your progress with numbers instead of Box O'Truth style experiments, oh well.
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:17 pm

Yes, the aesthetic is secondary but personally, I like it. It can be said that it is "horribly cute" :shock:
I almost never make this kind of arrangement to see the force of the shot, but although I do not know the velocity of the projectile, I can see that the energy increases, in a general way.
From what I have observed, the pellets seal more in a barrel with flutes than the bbs in smooth barrels. That's why the difference in energy I see. It gives the impression that the "skirt" or ass of the pellets, expands when the gases or the compressed air hits in it, but in the spherical ammunition, this does not happen.
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:01 am

hectmarr wrote:From what I have observed, the pellets seal more in a barrel with flutes than the bbs in smooth barrels. That's why the difference in energy I see. It gives the impression that the "skirt" or ass of the pellets, expands when the gases or the compressed air hits in it, but in the spherical ammunition, this does not happen.
This is exactly how they are supposed to work, it's the same principle as a the Minié ball.
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:13 am

Lo sospeche desde un principio!
Attachments
descarga.jpg
descarga.jpg (36.24 KiB) Viewed 4219 times
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:54 am

ass of the pellets
:D

Seriously though, look at the deformation before and after firing:

hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:11 am

"Heavy" ammunition for high pressure to hit exactly the target! jo jo jo jo :D
It is clear because it seals the diabolo more. Since I never had a compressed air weapon, I did not know ...