Hybrid pumped weapon project

Harness the power of precision mixtures of pressurized flammable vapor. Safety first! These are advanced potato guns - not for the beginner.
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:58 am

I keep forgetting that you have the constraint of an urban area for testing :D
hectmarr wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:05 am
The only thing that doesn't convince me is that the "skirt" of the pellet is "welded" to the target plate, it doesn't pass, only the "head" of the pellet passes to the other side... look at the photo
I remember a similar phenomenon with my .22 mini-hybrid firing pellets:

hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:16 am

Oh yeah !! it's the same... Keep in mind that your post you name here is my bible on this. I not only remember it, I have it complete in a word, on my pc and on a DVD... It is exactly the same as what you made, I only made it in the form of a weapon to be able to shoot and aim, with the air pump incorporated, added to an inverted bolt mechanism.
The speed, pressure, and damage values are my main reference, because they are empirical data, absolutely essential, and VERY valuable.
The issue so that everything penetrates, :o I could use a point ;) instead of a pellet, when I find 6.35 or .22 caliber points around here I will try it.
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:09 am

I did a test at 11X with a 16g .22 pellet and three disks, as Jack suggested. He drilled into an old 1mm stainless steel military pan and the noise is quite loud. The pellet seems to have penetrated through, but it was useless to find traces...The damage is in the first photo.
Orificio acero inox. 1 mm 11X.jpg
In the second photo, at 9X with the same pellet, it only breaks it but doesn't go through.
Semi orificio acero inox. 1 mm 9X.jpg
:evil:
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:43 am

That's an impressive difference, there is certainly a lot more power potential, but really what I like about your projects is the functionality.
hectmarr wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:16 am
Keep in mind that your post you name here is my bible on this. I not only remember it, I have it complete in a word, on my pc and on a DVD... It is exactly the same as what you made, I only made it in the form of a weapon to be able to shoot and aim, with the air pump incorporated, added to an inverted bolt mechanism.
If that was the bible then you have certainly written the New Testament with all the practical improvements you've made on the basic theory ;)
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:03 pm

Ok! we are "the prophets" (of loud, hole-making fun and mischief) :evil:
It happens that if you don't hunt animals with these air guns, it's a boring and sterile hobby of death. Experimentation and shared learning is essential.
For the rest, it is certain that if you increase the pre-compression pressure to 12X, 15X, 20X, or I don't know, 30X... it will be more and more powerful basically. I set it to 9X for security reasons as the main reason. Actually with 6X it is more than enough to pierce cans and junk targets that are left in the house.