A brand-new ignition method

Harness the power of precision mixtures of pressurized flammable vapor. Safety first! These are advanced potato guns - not for the beginner.
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:23 am

I see it more practical to turn on, for example, a camera at 80X, use an intermediate disk that breaks at 100X, and a camera turned on at 15X, which I think will break the disk. It should generate about 120 bar, the ignition chamber.
To make it practical, design engineering is needed. I am afraid to walk with a non-lethal high voltage weapon close to my hands, in a weapon made mainly of metal... they are more dangerous than they seem :?
yyt
Private 3
Private 3
China

Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:26 am

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:08 am
yyt wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:24 pm
I'm thinking of using 1mpa low mix to ignite 5mpa high mix.
5 mpa would be 50x, I haven't got any personal experience with it but I would say the wire method Larda used is a simpler way to go about it - you have to replace the wire every time, but it is easier than having to fill two separate chambers with two burst discs etc.
I thought about it again and decided not to use the bursting disc, because I think that after the low-pressure end ignites the high-pressure end, the gas at the high-pressure end will flow back to the low-pressure end, which will undoubtedly reduce the pressure of the whole system. So I decided to use the check valve instead of the middle bursting disc, so that the gas at the high pressure end can't flow back to the low pressure end, and this step of replacing the bursting disc is simplified.larda
What is his method? I don't understand. Do you use electric heating wire to ignite?
yyt
Private 3
Private 3
China

Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:28 am

hectmarr wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:23 am
I see it more practical to turn on, for example, a camera at 80X, use an intermediate disk that breaks at 100X, and a camera turned on at 15X, which I think will break the disk. It should generate about 120 bar, the ignition chamber.
To make it practical, design engineering is needed. I am afraid to walk with a non-lethal high voltage weapon close to my hands, in a weapon made mainly of metal... they are more dangerous than they seem :?
I think it would be better to replace the middle bursting disc with a check valve
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:41 am

yyt wrote:What is his method? I don't understand. Do you use electric heating wire to ignite?
Using a hot wire doesn't really work well, I've tried this with an atmospheric combustion to make the point:

Compare the delay with a spark:

What Larda did as I understand was still use a high voltage as if a spark gap was being used, but then put a thin wire across that gap that would basically be vaporized, so it's effectively a sort of plasma ignition.
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:27 pm

check valve and rupture disc You can use. It will be very delicate to only one check valve so that it does not open prematurely... I tried a valve in these conditions and if you adjust it too high, it does not open, and if it is too little, it loses on the side with the highest The less pressure chamber should have a very small volume to minimize, in case of using only a rupture disc, the inconvenience of losing pressure due to the increase in volume.. .
yyt
Private 3
Private 3
China

Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:31 pm

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:41 am
yyt wrote:What is his method? I don't understand. Do you use electric heating wire to ignite?
Using a hot wire doesn't really work well, I've tried this with an atmospheric combustion to make the point:

Compare the delay with a spark:

What Larda did as I understand was still use a high voltage as if a spark gap was being used, but then put a thin wire across that gap that would basically be vaporized, so it's effectively a sort of plasma ignition.
Oh, it seems that the electric heating wire is indeed much slower than the electric spark, but it is still successful. I think it's a good idea if you can ignore the damn delay, because the electric heating wire is not disposable, you don't have to change the ignition repeatedly, and it is suitable for higher mixing.
yyt
Private 3
Private 3
China

Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:35 pm

hectmarr wrote:
check valve and rupture disc You can use. It will be very delicate to only one check valve so that it does not open prematurely... I tried a valve in these conditions and if you adjust it too high, it does not open, and if it is too little, it loses on the side with the highest The less pressure chamber should have a very small volume to minimize, in case of using only a rupture disc, the inconvenience of losing pressure due to the increase in volume.. .
In fact, using a larger volume of low-mixing to ignite a smaller volume of high-mixing will produce extremely high explosion pressure.
yyt
Private 3
Private 3
China

Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:43 pm

hectmarr wrote:
You can try to read the following information, if your computer can translate it, because it is written in Chinese, and I can roughly explain it: this is a connected container, which is divided into two parts: a big ball end and a small ball end, with a pipeline in the middle. This is almost exactly the same as the secondary ignition device I conceived, except that it has no intermediate bursting disc or check valve. When the small ball container is ignited, the relationship between the maximum explosion pressure Pmax at the big ball end and the initial pressure P0 is: Pmax=7.256P0+0.671.
When the big ball container is ignited, the relationship between the maximum explosion pressure Pmax at the small ball end and the initial pressure P0 is: Pmax=15.278P0+1.050.
Conclusion: When the volume of the initiation end is larger than that of the booster end, you can get more pressure.
Attachments
初始压力对连通容器甲烷-空气混合物爆炸压力的影响.docx
(437.09 KiB) Downloaded 225 times
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:49 pm

I would like to focus the conversation on the possibility of turning on a high pressure chamber with a lower pressure one, which is the subject of your publication. what you explain about increasing the pressure with two connected chambers, I know well, because I have already talked about it here. For simplicity, I prefer to use a lower pressure ignition chamber, as small as possible, and a one-way valve calibrated to open as needed. I think it would work fine, you have to do some tests. 8-)
yyt
Private 3
Private 3
China

Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:16 am

[quote = hect marr post _ id = 390501 time = 1668124175 user _ id = 18293]nI希望将谈话的重点放在用低压腔打开高压腔的可能性上,这也是您出版物的主题。你解释的用两个相连的腔室增加压强,我很清楚,因为我已经在这里讲过了。为了简单起见,我更喜欢使用一个低压点火室,尽可能小,和一个单向阀校准打开需要。我认为它会工作得很好,你必须做一些测试。8-) n[/quote]Well, actually, my secondary ignition device is almost finished. At present, I am more worried about whether the check valve can survive under great pressure. If it can't, I will choose to use bursting disc. I plan to use 1mpa mixture to ignite 5mpa mixture, and their components are propane+oxygen. I will update my results in the last few days, so let's wait and see!
yyt
Private 3
Private 3
China

Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:17 am

[quote = hect marr post _ id = 390501 time = 1668124175 user _ id = 18293]nI希望将谈话的重点放在用低压腔打开高压腔的可能性上,这也是您出版物的主题。你解释的用两个相连的腔室增加压强,我很清楚,因为我已经在这里讲过了。为了简单起见,我更喜欢使用一个低压点火室,尽可能小,和一个单向阀校准打开需要。我认为它会工作得很好,你必须做一些测试。8-) n[/quote]
Well, actually, my secondary ignition device is almost finished. At present, I am more worried about whether the check valve can survive under great pressure. If it can't, I will choose to use bursting disc. I plan to use 1mpa mixture to ignite 5mpa mixture, and their components are propane+oxygen. I will update my results in the last few days, so let's wait and see!
yyt
Private 3
Private 3
China

Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:18 am

hectmarr wrote:
I would like to focus the conversation on the possibility of turning on a high pressure chamber with a lower pressure one, which is the subject of your publication. what you explain about increasing the pressure with two connected chambers, I know well, because I have already talked about it here. For simplicity, I prefer to use a lower pressure ignition chamber, as small as possible, and a one-way valve calibrated to open as needed. I think it would work fine, you have to do some tests. 8-)
Well, actually, my secondary ignition device is almost finished. At present, I am more worried about whether the check valve can survive under great pressure. If it can't, I will choose to use bursting disc. I plan to use 1mpa mixture to ignite 5mpa mixture, and their components are propane+oxygen. I will update my results in the last few days, so let's wait and see!
yyt
Private 3
Private 3
China

Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:06 am

hectmarr wrote:
Attachments
IMG_20221111_195504.jpg
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:14 am

yyt wrote:
hectmarr wrote:
Cool!! I look forward to seeing his experiment. I will be careful. Do not forget the security measures. Cheers ;)
yyt
Private 3
Private 3
China

Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:19 am

hectmarr wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:14 am
yyt wrote:
hectmarr wrote:
Cool!! I look forward to seeing his experiment. I will be careful. Do not forget the security measures. Cheers ;)
Thank you for your support. What target do you want me to place? It will launch a 10.5mm steel ball.