How do you install bursting discs?

Harness the power of precision mixtures of pressurized flammable vapor. Safety first! These are advanced potato guns - not for the beginner.
yyt
Private 3
Private 3
China

Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:18 am

At present, I use a cam lock with self-locking function. Although its rated pressure is 5mpa, I still mix it up to 70 times. It seems to work well, but I'm still afraid it will fail. Do you have any better suggestions?
Attachments
tb_image_share_1670757102707.jpg
jrrdw
United States of America

Donating Members

Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:00 am

According to the title question you put the burst disk in between two mating surfaces that is easy to access and can hold both sides all the way around tightly and evenly. According to your post question that cam lock is probably for water or other fluids usage and there's no accurate rating for the way you're using it.

It would indeed be interesting to see the results of hybrid cannon testing on cam locks where they fail, and at what peak pressures...
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:22 pm

What I've always done is sandwich the disc with a o-ring between threaded fittings, this is from my mini hybrid:

hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life