I HAS FULL AUTO :D

Building or modifying BB, Airsoft, and Pellet type of guns. Show off your custom designs, find tips and other discussion. Target practice only!
jeepkahn
Corporal 3
Corporal 3

Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:28 pm

It'll be interesting to see what it looks like with 15lbs of epoxy applied...

Seriously though, good work!!!

I wonder how hard it would be to upscale it for golfballs... :shock:
mark.f
Sergeant Major 4
Sergeant Major 4
Eritrea

Donating Members

Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:32 pm

jeepkahn wrote:It'll be interesting to see what it looks like with 15lbs of epoxy applied...

Seriously though, good work!!!

I wonder how hard it would be to upscale it for golfballs... :shock:
Got a 30 gallon compressor anywhere?
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:37 pm

mark.f wrote:Got a 30 gallon compressor anywhere?
Not to mention the 150lb spring you'd need to keep the piston shut - but with the right amount of epoxy (or better on this scale, the right friends with welding sets) I don't see why it can't be done.

The basic valve design is almost childishly simple:

jeepkahn
Corporal 3
Corporal 3

Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:48 pm

I've got a 80gal compressor, springs anywhere from 1lb/in to 500lb/in, I can weld decent, and I have OCD... Should be doable... :D
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:18 pm

jeepkahn wrote:I've got a 80gal compressor, springs anywhere from 1lb/in to 500lb/in, I can weld decent, and I have OCD... Should be doable... :D
If you seriously go through with this, the potential for sheer win is almost inconceivable :D
jeepkahn
Corporal 3
Corporal 3

Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:33 pm

My only concern is rate of flow, even with an 80gallon compressor, it'll only fill the chamber so fast, I'll need to reduce the chamber size greatly(from my normal overkill) but still I think 60+ 500fps rpm should be attainable.... not minigun fast, but definitely something to hide from if you're working the gb raker at the driving range... :twisted:
POLAND_SPUD
Captain
Captain

Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:35 pm

sooo do you plan to build it bigger? marble launcher perhaps?
Children are the future

unless we stop them now
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:52 pm

jeepkahn wrote:My only concern is rate of flow, even with an 80gallon compressor, it'll only fill the chamber so fast, I'll need to reduce the chamber size greatly(from my normal overkill)
The thing with this design is that a high flow makes it cycle too fast, it needs a low flow for the pop-pop-pop effect and the chamber doesn't go from full to empty after every shot either.
sooo do you plan to build it bigger? marble launcher perhaps?
I was just thinking about this actually, because I'm still not too keen to mess with high pressures so upping the calibre is the way to go.

Another option is to stick with this calibre and optimise the valve, giving it full 6mm porting (currently less than 5mm) and a larger piston so it gets more travel and releases a larger volume of air per shot.

As always, watch this space ;)
JDP12
Staff Sergeant 5
Staff Sergeant 5

Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:23 pm

dang!!!

I would like to personally congratulate you on this...

does the spring really seal it with a continuous stream of air coming in? I'm sort of surprised by that.... would've thought it would just stay open the whole time..

Does it have anything to do with the different diameters of the two? (piston tube and firing chamber)

I may have to try this out....have wanted full auto for a LONG time... looks like JSR is my jesus
VH_man
Staff Sergeant 4
Staff Sergeant 4

Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:20 pm

This Has inspired me to attempt this. The grin on my face proboably nears yours haha.

Any reason you didn't make it fire as fast as it can? (i can see why, but its still fun)

Looks like quite a bit of power...

Although i have one question.... Whats the strength of the spring your using? I thought you had really hit the jackpot when you used the air pressure spring, but this seems to work far better.

All in all, Kudos. Im happy for you.
JDP12
Staff Sergeant 5
Staff Sergeant 5

Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:39 pm

ditto on that... I cannot wait to try this out... it looks like it could be a great deal of fun.

Honestly I wish I came up with it, however, I'm really excited for you because this has been your dream for years..

I give you the biggest congratulations I can
Ragnarok
Captain
Captain

Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:48 pm

It looks like Jack has finally found one of his holy grails. Or at least a demi-grail.
Surprisingly, this is not a harbinger of the apocalypse. No, that will happen when I make one of my holy grails.

Good work man. I would say I'm happy for you, but you'd no doubt take it the wrong way and come back with some glib innuendo, so I won't.
However, you can assume me impressed.
Does that thing kinda look like a big cat to you?
inonickname
First Sergeant 4
First Sergeant 4

Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:32 pm

Yayyy..Congratulations!

How does that magazine work for you? Any double feeds..things like that?

Good job
PimpAssasinG wrote:no im strong but you are a fat gay mother sucker that gets raped by black man for fun
POLAND_SPUD
Captain
Captain

Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:09 pm

I don't know if you remember that guys but I speculated that a QEV (of course connected in the 'wrong' way) might work exactly like this valve...
Children are the future

unless we stop them now
FishBoy
Corporal
Corporal

Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:09 pm

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:I know, I know, I have made a bit of a fuss of this personal crusade... but see! there ARE viable alternatives to 1,304,874 round per second cloud BBMGs ;)
ya, ya whatever. I still can't stop grinning after the moment I pull the trigger on my diharrea gun. They may not be super powerfull, but you can definitel mow down sh!t in a short manner. :D
"You polish a turd, it's still a turd"

Remember DYI!!!