probelm with hopup in inline vortex

Building or modifying BB, Airsoft, and Pellet type of guns. Show off your custom designs, find tips and other discussion. Target practice only!
DENVER73
Recruit
Recruit

Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:44 am

hello everyone^^ i did many searches on the forum but did not find clear answers to my problem. i'm on the building of an m2 vortex powered airsoft bbgun. i've seen somone that built a very nice one but -maybe duce to my poor english level- i don't understand where to put the hopup unit on the vortex block. should it be few centimeters after the block ? the problem is : if i cut the airsoft barrel i have, the hopup will be in the vortex circle and won't work. does someone explain me with a plan or a picture please ?
Gun Freak
Lieutenant 5
Lieutenant 5

Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:37 am

From what I've seen in airsoft guns, the hopup is pretty close to the beginning of the barrel. I suppose this is to give the BB enough time to accelerate to a velocity at which the hopup can impart enough spin on the BB while still having enough barrel length to continue to accelerate to the muzzle velocity. I do not think it is the position relative to the block that matters, rather the length from the barrel opening. If it were me I would probably put it about 1 or 1.5 inches from the beginning (breach) of the barrel.
OG Anti-Hybrid
One man's trash is a true Spudder's treasure!
Golf Ball Cannon "Superna"M16 BBMGPengunHammer Valve Airsoft SniperHigh Pressure .22 Coax
Holy Shat!